12 Mighty Orphans

A story of determination and concern for the welfare of the less fotrtunate. Amazing cast and the scenery was so appropriate for the time. All ages will enjoy and get the message of caring and setting goals.
    I read the book and the movie was just as god as the book !!
    We really enjoyed this movie!! It has great actors and it is a great story. It makes us appreciate the times we live in today. Life was MUCH tougher in those days and we should be thankful for how good our lives are now. And even when life is tough, we all need to persevere through those hard times.
    This movie was everything I hoped for and more. The cast, the story line, the heart pounding moments, cheerful joy and happy tears... it was a perfect mix! Luke Wilson and Martin Sheen did not disappoint in bringing this true story to the big screen. I loved that it was filmed locally and told the story of perseverance and grit. The movie is a must see and one that will be watched again!
    Exceeded my expectations! The chemistry between Luke Wilson and Martin Sheen is as funny as it is heartwarming! You could tell both actors enjoyed working on this movie. Already looking forward to seeing it again, such a great movie!
    I couldn't wait to see this story made into a movie after reading the book!.... Some of my favorite stars help make this film a winner.
    Amazing movie!! Great cast, great acting, and excellent storyline!! Highly recommend this movie!
    This is a heartwarming and inspiring indie based on the book "Twelve Mighty Orphans: The Inspiring True Story of the Mighty Mites Who Ruled Texas Football" by Jim Dent. Although its story is predictable and the characters are stereotypical, the overall delivery of the film is entertaining. Luke Wilson plays Rusty Russell, the coach who puts together a football team of orphans from scratch. You'll feel that tug in your heart as you watch the determination of these underdogs as they struggle to achieve their goals. The uplifting message of this movie is worth your time.
    Cheesy past the point of enjoyment with a tendency to gloss over its the faults of the good guys and go Snidely Whiplash antics for the bad guys. The actors playing the kids are much too old and Wayne Knight is overacting so hard it bring the rest of the film down. It should have developed (or at least bothered to name) more of the team (the rest life photos and bios at the end) indicate they were not unknown. Fans of this sort of over the top sports "drama" and some kids, who haven't seen tons of this type of movie, before will like it.
    Decent movie with positive message