1917

Most war movies usually follow the same formula and are pretty predictable in terms of what's going to happen next. This one invents an even better formula and takes you on a suspenseful ride like no other. The whole technicality that went behind the cinematography was astonishing. The way they were able to make the movie look like it was one whole take without any scene cuts was amazing. A revolutionary feat in cinema history never done before. Gripping, intense, immersive. This movie made me think about war on different levels that I haven't thought about watching other war movies. I thought about the harrowing experiences these soldiers go through and the psychological distress that comes with losing a close friend or coming close to death. A fantastic thrill ride through a journey of what might be one of the most important and suspenseful moments in WWI history. An incredible technical feat and beautiful cinematography all around.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Excellent war story and takes you to the middle of the action.
    I was not expecting this movie to be such a moving story. I enjoyed it very much.
    Very much enjoyed it
    Loved the story and great cinematography. Not your typical war movie and it told a wonderful story of love and hardship.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Awesome film. At first I was not sure about it being one take, but it ends up working out.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It really dragged - wasn't very exciting.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    My wife put it well, she said “it was like watching you play COD WW1 in slow motion”, neither of us felt engaged with the characters, watched two pathetically trained soldiers go through a boring journey. Two hours we’ll never get back.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Authentic background. Mind boggling! Stiring determination, I was feeling it in my bones! We gave a four.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Liked the movie but some parts were long, dragged out. I enjoyed it