1917

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Simplemente excelente. (En lo visual, montaje, actuaciones, guiรณn, todo)
    Cinematography at its best. The amount of work that's behind this movie is incredible: Sam Mendes deserves all he has won.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Superbly engaging and affecting war drama, that doesn't let up even when it slows down. The camera work enhances the storytelling without drawing attention to itself or feeling like a gimmick. One of the most well paced action films you'll ever see.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The long, almost continuous camera shots, performances and visuals, and effects must have been a huge undertaking to capture all in just one take, and all of it is amazing on that account....... but there's practically no traditional story.... the entire plot is "go and tell those guys 9 miles away not to attack because it's a trap- you have until tomorrow morning"..... and any other details in the film are completely incidental and frankly interchangeable with virtually anything else. I'm sure the randomness is supposed to come across as "real life".... but it didn't for me, it came off as boring and meandering.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    From the first cinematic trailer 1917 had me hooked. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see it in Theater (which I definitely regret now), but watching it at home was still excellent. I've never before seen a movie shot like this, and it was a thrilling experience. The level of tension as scene after scene continued without a cut, the camera spinning or fixing in place at unpredictable intervals. Some times you saw what was in line of sight for the characters and at others the angle allowed you to see what they couldn't but desperately needed to. The design team did an incredible job of bringing 1917 to life. With incredible acting and story telling in addition, the mindset during The Great War was In clear focus here. The youth of the soldiers, horror of trench warfare and the pure mental, emotional and physical exhaustion extracted by a state of perpetual combat combined for an evocative experience that was simply overwhelming. I loved this movie, I will most definitely be watching it again.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    This was an amazingly great film documenting the realities of WW1 a year before the Armistice; parts can be cringe-worthy. Superb production and and impeccable direction make this a must see for history buffs!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    It shouldโ€™ve won best picture.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    ๐’๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐š๐ซ๐ฒ: A World War 1 action thriller that relies almost entirely on its two lead actors supported by brilliant directing and noticeably impressive cinematography. 1917 follows the urgent mission of Lance Corporal Schofield and Lance Corporal Blake as they attempt to infiltrate the German front lines to deliver a message to a battalion of thousands of men who are mere hours away from unknowingly charging into an ambush. Tense, thrilling, and without a weak scene throughout it's duration, I considered 1917 to be the clear favorite for Best Picture (๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฆ) heading into Oscars night. While it took home "only" three victories, each of its 10 total nominations were truly deserved. With crafty camera work that gives the entire film the appearance of one long take, it is one of the most cinematically impressive and well-executed war movies ever made, which helps disguise a plot that is at times overly narrow in focus. It's not available for streaming, but it's well worth the rental fee if you're looking for a two hour movie that you can really invest in every moment of.
    Phenomenal movie. Brilliant direction and amazing acting.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I must admit this film was nothing like I thought it would be but overall it still was pretty good with a few twist n turns