A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Great to relive my childhood with Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, it's such a good feeling to see this movie and Tom Hanks did an awesome job.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It's a good movie, but not as good as the documentary. Hanks as Rogers is good, but it is Tom Hanks. His own personality seems to get in the way. And while Hanks probably is the Freddiest Rogers in Hollywood, no one could possibly play this role without some ever-so-slight undertone of insincerity or cynicism.
    Could not watch this without eyes leaking...be it from joy at his simple, heartfelt beauty in deeds and thoughts, from childhood memories of emotional pain and adult acknowledgement of cynicism...this film is PERFECT in every way. He exhibited the goodness today's "religious" folk could only aspire to, and he did it every day without ever uttering a single word about their god or jeebus. He just exuded goodness for goodness' sake. I fear we will never see the likes of him again.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Tom Hanks is predictably perfect for the role of one of the most absurdly nice people in history.
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I don't understand the hype. Why all the hype?! Seriously, the critics on this site have no sense. The worst movies get highest scores. It wasn't a film about Fred Rogers at all. So glad I didn't waste any money watching this film. It was marketed as a Mister Rogers biography. Tom Hanks played more of a cameo role than anything. It's really about a guy learning not to be an a-home by coming to terms with his traumatic childhood. Feelings which re-emerged while interviewing Mr. Rogers. Don't waste your time.
    A strong ensemble cast that includes the indelible Matthew Rhys and always reliable Tom Hanks brings to life an engaging story that combines fact with fiction. Mr. Rogers is a fascinating subject. It will be a movie I revisit time and time again.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I was contemplating watching this movie but when I seen it had 96% rating on here and from those reviews I instantly went to go buy the movie. The moment when you first see his face on that board in the beginning is when it all went downhill.... I thought this was a movie about Mr. Rogers and his actual show. It was very boring, depressing, and bad acting all around. I have tried to watch it 5 times now and I still can't finish it... It's really not a good movie and I wish I could get my money back!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Cried most of the time, really lovely
    Tom Hanks is the tits
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    A biographical film that, instead of trying to depict the life story of its subject, illustrates the critical character features that differentiated him (Rogers' endless kindness and understanding) through a narrative in which its subject is a secondary character (albeit an important one). Touching and heartfelt, far more powerful than many screenwriters may have opted for given the relatively simplistic nature of Mr. Rogers. That said, I'm not sure if Hanks was the right choice for the role, perhaps as a result of his own perception as one of the most beloved high-profile figures in his own medium of film; I saw too much of Hanks in the portrayal, too little of Rogers.