Ad Astra

Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Super promising first few minutes that drag into a couple hours of us waiting for something exciting to finally occur...it never does. Someone else summed the entire movie up accurately when they described it as "Brad Pitt sulking in space".
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The ending was unsatisfying.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The first half of this movie was fine, I was looking forward towards the end of the film. However, the exciting ending never came. It became slow towards the second half with a disappointing ending where the main character's dad (spoiler alert) commits suicide while he was trying to take him back home to Earth. Nothing really happens to make this movie worthwhile watching.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    If you were one day thinking to yourself: Man I wish there was a movie as slow and boring as "Gravity" but with killer monkeys, then is this the film for you. Ad Astra which tries to bring film noir to outer space falls on every level. The basis of the film is that Brad Pitt must face his father and bring him home from Neptune in order to save earth from cosmic solar flares. Sounds nonsensical? That's because it is. The film never fully explains how one relates to the other. Random characters are thrown in just to create cliche moments and lines like "their using me," "this is classified," and the classic "a captain goes down with his ship." This movie throws in moon pirates, killer monkeys, moon rovers that carry AAA, you know just in case. Plus can some one tell me the point of Liv Tyler's character other than being in slow motion flash backs and staring through windows? The film is a galactic mess.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Like most space movies lagging most of the time. Graphics are great. Brad Pitt is emotionless which I guess he's supposed to be.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    A good dose of hard science fiction. Go into this movie with the mind set that this is going to be a journey of what it means to be human, with the back drop of a space Odyssey. With stunning visuals and a great cast, Ad Astra is a masterclass of the trials of humanity in space, with a realistic take
    Boring. Unrealistic. Terrible ending
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Looks pretty. Pitt's character is mundane, couldn't connect with any characters in the story. Story arc is bland and has no pay off. The sci-fi elements don't have a rule base or follow any logic. Bad movie.
    Movie was nothing what I expected but the love for space movies i couldn’t say no to this amazing cinematography. Recommend dark cold room perfect!
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Possibly one of the most tedious SF movies I've ever seen. Feels like someone saw Solaris as a teenager and tried to out do it. Id like my two hours back, please.