Ad Astra

I really enjoyed the complexity of the film! its so beyond our time!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    A really interesting watch, and a fresh take on the space thriller genre. Pitt is excellent as usual.
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    A lifeless performance by Brad Pitt because according to the movie astronauts have to stay calm at all times. Story is long and boring with little payoff at the end... but you will be glad the movie is finally over.
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Basically Apocalypse Now in space only not as well done. A real yawner!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This should have been a good movie, but it wasn't. It had all the right pieces, but they were split apart and put together in a confusing and SLOW jumble. They could have cut 30-40 minutes off the run time without the many, many pauses while Pitt slowly expounds on things. The scenery was great and a human presence in the outer solar system was well-imagined. There are scientific errors galore, but if I want a science lesson I'll listen to Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Donald Sutherland gave the best performance, with Pitt and Tommy Lee Jones tied. Not enough Jones, though.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I liked this movie. Futuristic for sure. My quarrels enter when Tommy Lee Jones enters the picture. A big letdown.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    0.5/5 - Ad Astra’s visually stunning special effects (the only good thing about the movie.) and massive budget can’t make up for a tasteless, slow, uneven and unnecessary film.
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It had so much potential, but it was awful. Spoilers - - - First we encounter Space Pirates. COOL! OMG Are they somehow involved in his dad's disappearance? Who are these guys? **Never see or hear about them again** Then we encounter SPACE MONKEYS!! OMG!!! ARE THESE ALIEN SPACE MONKEYS?! Oh. No. They are our monkeys. And we will never see or hear about them again. Oh hey he found his dad! We get to learn things! .... No we dont. The End.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    somewhat boring and kind of pointless. I really wanted to like it. but it kind of sucked.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Boring and oh so pointless. Bad science and a worse story. I actually nodded off with this poorly shot and terribly written story.