Ad Astra

, 84% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • Ad Astra takes a visually thrilling journey through the vast reaches of space while charting an ambitious course for the heart of the bond between parent and child.
    Scott MarksSan Diego Reader
    For most of its running time, Ad Astra amounts to a rather somber and sterile two-hour orbit.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Adam GrahamDetroit News
    This is slow, obtuse filmmaking with little emotional connection.
    Ann HornadayWashington Post
    In a mesmerizing, minimalist performance, Pitt forms the gravitational center of a film that takes its place in the firmament of science fiction films by fearlessly quoting classics of the genre (as well as those outside it).
    John AndersonWall Street Journal
    To lavish too much praise on Mr. Pitt's performance would be to somehow suggest he isn't already among the best actors on screen. He is.
    James BerardinelliReelViews
    The film's geography takes us on a cross-solar system journey but the real trajectory is deep into the human experience - finding meaning in life and coming to grips with being left behind.
    Jake CoyleAssociated Press
    Gray has a gift for shrinking massive set pieces and enlarging private dramas.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Yasser MedinaCinemaficionados
    It seems unusual to me that the narrative of the space odyssey ends with a hopelessly conventional and unsurprising solution. [Full review in Spanish]
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Jason FraleyWTOP (Washington, D.C.)
    There may be alien life out there, but sometimes we have to appreciate the life right in front of us.
    Ricardo GallegosPólvora
    An introspective, philosophical, and moving film, with ideas that shook me and left me breathless. [Full review in Spanish]
    CJ SheuReview Film Review
    This is a deep (though not complex) and emotional film that only achieves full force in a darkened room before a large screen.