American Fiction

Signed up for rotten tomatoes just to say how much I like this movie!
    Power house performance form Jeffrey Wright. A charming script and marvelous film.
    Excellent film. Beautiful family story with sharp social criticism and some great laughs.
    This was an incredible movie with just enough roving parts, understated and clearly stated comedy, and interesting commentary on American consumerism.
    Good lord, such a boring movie.
    I liked this movie but I thought it could have been so much better. The acting was outstanding.
    The movie had some sparks in that Monk brought a lot of insightful on himself, whether it is related to his writing or his life in general. It started off with him being a bored author that is seeking some attention. Then from the events that occurred in his life and what he saw in this setting, it brought out the creativity out of him. I liked Sterling Brown's supporting role because he was a figure that tried to extract the essence of Monk for finding about who he is. The sad part is when towards the end of the movie it got too abstract for my liking. It is a passing film to watch.
    The best movie I've seen in a while. Great screenplay.
    The movie's script, directing, and editing are solid, providing a good overall experience with commendable performances from most actors. It balances deep dramatic moments with sharp humor. However, scenes with Issa Rae feel exaggerated and lack believability. On the other hand, Jeffrey Wright's portrayal stands out with its nuanced complexity. Despite a jarring moment in the third act, which seems out of place, the movie redeems itself shortly after. With time, it's likely to become a cult classic.
    Like , sorry to bother you, it focuses on the human experience with great characters and story. It makes its points but not in a sloppy self serving way. The better story is how the filmmakers experience trying to make the film mirrored the primary characters story. Overall its great to see quality execution of a great story.