Angel Has Fallen

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I am not a fan of the series but have always liked Butler a lot. I think the addition of his father brought a lot to the film, and this one was exciting and the best of the trilogy.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Great movie! Hope there are more.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The whole "Fallen" series hasn't been very good. It's just an action romp through different situations, but I find that they have some good action and it's a popcorn flick where you just turn your mind off for awhile. A direct sequel to Olympus Has Fallen (2013) & London Has Fallen (2016) we find our hero Mike Banning (Gerard Butler) being framed for attempting to assassinate President Trumbull (Morgan Freeman). It turns out Mike's friend Wade Jennings (Danny Huston) who operates a private militarized company is behind it all and meanwhile is also working with someone even higher up (it's pretty obvious). Mike's on the run and has to rely on his father Clay (Nick Nolte). Meanwhile as well FBI Agent Thompson (Jada Pinkett Smith) is hot on the trail of what may really be going on. The movie has some pretty intense action sequences and at the very least the CGI has stepped up since the last film (which were atrocious). I enjoyed this one for what it was regardless of the fact that it was super predictable. The movie is definitely not in it for the character development or anything, but if you're looking for a solid action flick it's worth a stream on Netflix.
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Predictable, tired plot. Unoriginal villains. Formulaic is every sense of the word. Well. Where do I start with this one. Firstly, I am not going to pretend like the first two movies were that great. But this third entry is rough. Angel Has Fallen feels like it was checking off a list of cliches, attempting to fit in every one they could. Cliches: Russia being painted as a bad guy. Secret organization doing evil stuff. Bad guys driving a Mercedes. The government doing shady things. Doomsday prepping old man. I could go on and on. Don't even get me started on "He has an encrypted folder on the dark web" and "any activity on his encrypted folder?" I wish Hollywood had never heard of the dark web, because the folks writing these movies clearly don't even understand how household electronics and social media works, let alone the dark web. And if you are currently serving in the Armed Forces or are prior service, there's plenty of things in this movie to irritate you as well. All and all, this is a half baked, tired retread of ground that has been covered by far better movies. I would avoid this steamer at all costs.
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Boring and bad acting imo .
    Very good movie. Lots of action!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Better than London had Fallen and a pretty fun action movie. it is worth the watch.
    A very enjoyable movie and number 3 is just as good as the other two movies with an excellent cast who do a great job in each part and a good story as well.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Great movie, great actors. Don't believe the critics.
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    A completely unrealistical storyline and execution of it. If you're searching for a brainless actionmovie, you're at the right spot.