Anyone But You

This could possibly be the worst movie I’ve ever seen. And the fact that anyone read this script without immediately tossing it into the garbage shocks me.
    A solid romantic comedy, with exotic locations, attractive actors, great plot twists, and a happy ending.
    A poor update of Much Ado About Nothing. Cast is unable to elevate bad dialogue and delivers stilted performances across the board. Little chemistry between the leads. Sydney Sweeney lacks the talent/charisma of earlier rom-com actresses. Glen Powell is barely better. The situations and drama are so contrived the induce eye rolls instead of laughs. No genuine laughs (at least intentionally). Tries to be a throwback to the rom-coms of the 90s/early 2000s but doesn't seem to understand what made those work.
    Sydney and Glen really work to make it kinda work
    I think they tried really hard to have that late 90s early 2000s romcom feel, but the acting is so poor it flips massively. The plot hardly makes sense when there’s no follow through.
    Predictable and formulaic. It passes the time and as rom-coms go it was entertaining... But other than that ... You can wait for streaming.
    Lots of beautiful bodies, but not much more. The main characters had no chemistry and low acting ability. The plot was tried and true but couldn’t be pulled off. Some great names in the supporting cast but they couldn’t save the film.
    There is no chemistry between the main characters… I honestly couldn’t stand Sydney Sweeney’s acting in this, and I had to turn it off 30 minutes in. I think she does great in euphoria… However, in this movie, it seems like she’s reading her lines off a screen, and doesn’t deliver the lines as “witty” or “playful”… essentially what it takes to be a lead female role in a romantic comedy.
    I love Sydney Sweeny 💕! Great Love Story
    Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell have great chemistry. But they can’t save this by the numbers rom-com.