Black and Blue

Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I wasn't quite as impressed as the audience score here. I understand the message here, but the execution was not great. So many parts were so far removed from reality and what real people would do in each situation. Some of the decisions made in this movie were ridiculous. That takes away from the viewing experience for me.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Amazing movie! I wanted to see this in theaters but it wasn't showing near me. Just watched on directv and HIGHLY recommend! Very well done, great acting, solid script.
    So dope, I love this movie for real!
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Left me feeling depressed and cringed and feeling like I wasted my time watching a bunch of junk. Not worth the watch.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Naomi Harris is fantastic, as usual, but the seige/survival plot of this has been done to death, and this just doesn't do anything unique or fresh with it. Also the level of police corruption in this one is a little hard to swallow... It's decent enough to pass the time with, but there's nothing noteworthy here.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Como thriller de corrupción policial es bastante convencional y no aporta mucho. Más bien te hace recordar otros mejores. En cuanto a lo de su obvio mensaje político que reflejo del aun existente racismo sistémico en los EEUU (y más especificamente hablando, en lo referido los prejuicios y violencia policial), aunque es bastante obvio la posición más o menos general que la película quiere tomar, no puedo evitar pensar que podria haber tratado algunos aspectos con cierta mas profundidad. Pero en sí, da un rato entretenido.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    It may not be perfect in depicting racial tension, but along with being better than both the departed and crash, it serves as a genuinely terrifying, well filmed and acted crime thriller challenging the way we think about certain groups and the "system". 4.25
    I really liked the concept of the movie!!
    Critics are suppressing yet another controversial topic. Great watch don't let rotten tomatoes form your opinions for you.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    B movie Good acting The third act is what made it.