Bloodshot

Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Not even sure what this movie was about. Could have been a cool action movie, but turned out to be a waste of time.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This would have been a 4 star movie, but by the end it deserved a 2...Don't get me wrong the movie itself was okay, pretty good actin scenes and CGI, plot was not bad. However, Vin Diesel is one of the worst actors in Hollywood, but somehow he still keeps getting action roles...His mono-toned, slow paced acting almost put me to sleep. Time to hang it up Vin.
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I was expecting a lot more from this film. Quite disappointed on the flawed story and predictability of it all.
    It's a great action movie. Nothing more nothing less. If you enjoy Arnold or Stallone films you'll probably enjoy this. No it's not intellectual, no it's not deep and no it's not pushing any current social agendas. Is a clean action flick that's fun to watch. The simplicity we've been missing.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This was a 4 star movie until the last fight scene. Good story, Good acting, and good CGI and Practical effects. The Over the top fight scene at the end looked as though it was done by a different studio, or it was rushed. Way over the top and didn't look believable.
    ABSOLUTE MUST SEE!!! So unbelievably amazing! Favorite movie in a long time! It was great!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This movie was so unbelievably confusing. Definitely not my cup of tea at all
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Bloodshot is the latest attempt by a studio to potentially start another cinematic universe and in this case, the Valiant Comics cinematic universe. The film stars Vin Diesel as the titular character, Ray Garrison (didn't even remember his actual name), who is brought to life by an advanced technology that gives him the ability of superhuman strength and fast healing and with these abilities, he will go avenge his wife. However, He soon comes to learn that not everything he learns can be trusted. One positive thing I can say about this movie is that the concept itself is really interesting. The main character's ability is cool and the premise itself is intriguing enough even though the trailer spoils it. Anyway, that is it. I love Vin Diesel because he sounds like an amazing person in real life but my god he sucks in this movie. His delivery for what is meant to be an emotional scene is so laughably bad. For example, his wife dies in front of him and he shows little to no emotion and its just so hilarious. Most of his scenes are either him being quiet or just yelling all the time and it is just so bad. The plot is also dumb and butchers the premise by making it become a generic sci-fi action movie. The bad guys are obvious and the good guys are also obvious right from the get-go which makes any twist feel dull. Apart from the titular character, none of the character motivation seems to make any sense. Good guys helping the main character just because they are good guys and bad guys doing bad things just because. You never really understand why any of these characters are doing things. Additionally, there are just so many scenes of endless exposition that dragged and feel like info dumps just because they want to treat us, the audience, as if they are stupid or something. The action scenes are also edited with rapid cuts that are just annoying. There is also so much CGI in all these very noticeable action scenes. To be fair the action scenes are so dumb that they are kind of fun to watch. There is an action scene where a CGI Vin diesel, yes you heard that right, is punching someone in an elevator while they are falling is kinda amazing. For David S. F. Wilson directorial debut, he did a terrible job. One nitpick of a terrible film, there was a scene in London where it was clearly not London and that baffled me so much because why did they have to call it London? There was no reason for it... Overall, this movie is the dumbest movie I watched in ages. This is a movie that feels like it came out 20 years ago and honestly probably should have never been made. However, this movie is so bad that it is kind of entertaining. My recommendation is to watch it drunk or with friends/family just to tear into the movie because you want a bad movie. However, if you're looking for an interesting superhero movie then I can safely say this isn't it.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It met my expectations which were very low
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Good streaming movie for it's budget. Over-powered superheroes are always a problem in film. Cast is pretty good, so all the wooden acting must be a result of poor writing and the out of date formula.