Boogie

The plot was good but I didnt lake how it ended. No closure with Boogie and Elenor relationship
    Coming attraction got me wanting to see Boogie. The story had an interesting concept, but they seemed to be 'winging it' with the conclusion. The basketball scenes were pedestrian with no real passion displayed. The scene in the H.S. gym with the 'Big Game" being canceled was ridiculous.
    A cool story about growing up and fighting for yourself in the face of struggle and cultural responsibility. I really enjoyed it :)
    it's cool bad ending
    Boogie is an absolutely terrible film. Taylor Takahshi was not good in the lead role. I get that lots of times people who aren’t high school age are cast in those roles, but I’m pretty confident he’s closer to 30 than 18. The story is very generic. It doesn’t do anything original. The worst part is how aggressively unlikeable all the characters are. I hated everyone. The dialogue is also poorly written, and the direction is also lackluster. So much of this film is flatly directed basketball games to the tune of Pop Smoke. There are so many poor directing and editing choices, especially towards the end. Overall, this was terrible. There is just so much I disliked about this movie. It’s a slog to get through (even at only an hour and a half), and I strongly recommend not watching this.
    We liked it. It was the typical coming of age story. I personally enjoyed the mix of the Asian American experience in the hip hop culture. And, we didnt know Pop Smoke acted in this film. I will be buying on digital download.
    Unrealistic but it’s funny how it’s not, when you think about it, but it’s kinda cool... like an asian ‘he got game’
    mad dope, cool way to look at other cultures and how they live in the states.
    Stupid horrible filming Just horrible
    We loved Boogie! Do yourself a favor and listen to The Dave Chang Show podcast episode with Eddie Huang (3/4/21) before you watch the movie.