Buffaloed

78% Fresh Tomatometer Score78%
  • This late-capitalism comedy is undeniably uneven, but Zoey Deutch's effervescent performance gives Buffaloed wings.
    Sheila O'MalleyRogerEbert.com
    Buffaloed churns with barely-controlled chaos in its best sequences.
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    M. FaustThe Public (Buffalo)
    It's a blue collar movie that isn't going to make anyone want to move here, but I'm fine with that: take us as we are or leave us alone.
    Scott MarksSan Diego Reader
    This low rent She-Wolf of Wall Street is not without its charms - it's hard not to find some room in one's heart for a film that works so hard to restore the word "jagoff" to popular usage.
    Johnny OleksinskiNew York Post
    Thanks largely to the feisty Deutch, "Buffaloed" is a fun time, even if it's about everybody's least-favorite kind of phone call.
    Mark JenkinsNPR
    In 2017, Zoey Deutch managed to carry Flower, a brisk but slight comedy about an exuberant young hustler with Daddy issues. She does it again in Buffaloed, in which she plays pretty much the same character, but confronts a different social evil.
    Kimber MyersLos Angeles Times
    [I]t's hard to begrudge "Buffaloed" too much; this is a fast, fun watch that succeeds largely on the charms of its star and the able hands of its director.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Rick KisonakSeven Days
    The blame for this exercise in pointlessness can be allotted fairly equally, I think, between [director Tanya] Wexler and screenwriter/cast member Brian Sacca.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Todd JorgensonCinemalogue
    ... mildly amusing, although its stab at socioeconomic satire feels unearned.
    Dennis SchwartzOzus' World Movie Reviews
    Zooey takes to her role as fervently as some diners take to Buffalo chicken wings.
    Brian OrndorfBlu-ray.com
    Wexler has Deutch, who gives the part her all, submitting her finest performance to date, keeping characterization compelling and mischief spinning at top speed.