Chaos Walking

This movie was terrible. The flow was awful, plot made no sense. They also had two very unnecessary additions to the movie: the main character has to kill his horse after a stupid decision, and you literally watch another character DROWN the main character's dog. So fucked up and so unnecessary to add in to the movie. If I knew that would included I would not have watched this. I feel bad for Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley, they were the only bright spot of a terrible movie, but they should not have signed up for this.
    It was not what I expected it to be but it did keep me awake for the most part of the movie.
    Daisy Ridley and Tom Holland star in this dystopian adventure set on a world where the women have been killed and the men's thoughts are visible... poor Daisy crash lands and has to deal with this mess. Has some interesting concepts and the two leads are decent here... but on the whole it doesn't really follow through on the concepts introduced.
    What a genre-defying movie! Take one part ET, mix with one part Fifth Element, one part Liar Liar and one part western. Blend it all together and you'll get a weird, yet oddly enjoyable movie.
    The acting was good but the story was not great.
    I wasn't sure about this movie when I picked it but it was perfect! It had a little action, a little sci-fi, a little romance. I loved it, it wasn't over done or under done.
    Ending was too brief and sci-fi rules a little loose for plot reasons.
    The premise had potential. None of which was realized during the film. Multiple times I was telling the lead male to wake up and do something! He was not raised to survive or think for himself. He was completely conditioned to kowtow to authority. It wasn't until 2/3 of the film you got the reason why his father reduced his education to being a sheep. The lead female was quite unintelligent for a space traveling rocket riding astronaut. Why anyone would send her to make "first contact" is completely insane. Any technological knowledge she was supposed to have was never evident until the very end of the film. Neither seemed to have been raised with any survival skills aside from running (and usually, into the arms of their pursuers). Their ultimate success was purely accidental. A very plodding, slow moving effort with a telegraphed plot. So many things that might have been (SIGH!)
    Thought transmitting incels keep mass murder a secret and try to steal a spaceship. Meanwhile, an annoying dog disappears, reappears and then gets drowned by a very angry preacher. A high aerial is plugged back in to save the day. Mostly, but not entirely, rubbish.
    What did I think. I loved it. Very refreshing to see something original and the cast nailed it. Kudos to all involved, well worth a watch.