Come Play

A modern day social commentary mashup of THE RING and PULSE, showering the audience in "horrifying" ways, our reliance and dependency upon technology. COME PLAY deals with a monster named Larry (I know, how terrifying), scaring but wanting to befriend young autistic Oliver (Azhy Robertson). The film jumps right into bringing Larry and Oliver together and piecing the backstory of Oliver and his family during the duration of the film. I'm not much for child actors but Robertson gives the only worthwhile performance and his range is quite impressive for a 10-year-old. Gillian Jacobs is wasted as the overprotective mother of Oliver, but in her defense, anyone would be wasted as Oliver's mother Sarah due to the lack of depth given to this character. As a horror movie, this does not work. Suspense maybe, but definitely not horror. Very few scares and by less than the halfway point, I was bored with it already.
    REALLY terrifying but SO good
    Bien actuada, entretenida, con sus fallos, pero en comparación a muchas películas, se nota la buena intención y el esfuerzo bien logrado.
    This movie was not scary to me at all. The whole time I was wondering who was this movie made for?....Why did I leave my house to come see this movie? It may scare some children but not adults at all. This movie is truly PG-13. It is better to get this movie online and watch it with children under 12.
    Falls into the "I've seen worse" category of horror/suspense genre. If you skip this flick you will have missed nothing. Read the negative critic's review for a better understanding of what you are in for.
    Right at the start of this film, Come Play already established its point – to scare. The atmosphere usage, background musical score and mood just at the first 10 minutes of Come Play is already a great start for this film to be remembered as among the best horror movie that I've watched. I'm sure the plot is not something new with the use of gadgets as a source of horror twisted with supernatural theme but Come Play expands it and execute in a refreshing way for to me to enjoy watching it while being effectively scared and jump to my seat. I have no complaints to the stellar performance of the casts as they were effective and compelling to their roles. Overall, Come Play was entertaining and effective horror movie and at the same time among the memorable horror movies I've watched for its quality achievements, cinematography and story, of course!
    The movie was really good it made me cry
    Your review will help others decide whether to watch.
    Solid little chiller. It's not the scariest thing out there, but it has a decent amount of tension, some creepy designs and a great ending. It's kinda like Babadook, but a lot less annoying.
    Your review will help others decide whether to watch.