Cyrano, My Love

Although it has probably nothing to do with the real story, it is a nice and funny tribute not only to the great work of Cyrano, but also theatre and creative process.
    Just saw 'Cyrano, My Love' on Amazon Prime and I loved it. If you like plays and exploring how they are made and developed and the sacrifices made to produce them you will love this movie. On 27 December 1897, the curtain rose at the Théâtre de la Porte Saint-Martin, and the audience was pleasantly surprised. A full hour after the curtain fell, the audience was still applauding. There were forty curtain calls until the curtain was finally left raised. It has been the most frequently presented play in France for over 100 years. I loved the play, but I liked this movie about it even more.
    Not just an hommage, this movie is hilarious and beautifully written in it's own right, jumping between theatre and cinema with ease.
    Storyline, pacing, everything brilliant. Based on historical events. Everyone always says, "A must-see" and this is one-a those.
    Perfect, beautiful, charming, romantic, funny, total entertainment. Acting, costumes, scenery, directions, all there. Loved it!
    It was a beautifully told story—from start to finish! Well acted and appointed.