Cyrano, My Love

79% Fresh Tomatometer Score79%
  • Frothy and funny, Cyrano, My Love imagines life behind the scenes of a classic story, with whimsically entertaining results.
    Kerry LengelArizona Republic
    Maybe this is all more entertaining than the real story would have been. But how much more, really?
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Rob ThomasCapital Times (Madison, WI)
    It's fun in a superficial way, but kids, don't base your English term papers around this movie.
    Frank SwietekOne Guy's Opinion
    A somewhat soggy French soufflé, still edible but hardly delectable.
    Josh MartinFilm Inquiry
    It's not revolutionary, but Cyrano, My Love's well-executed array of simple pleasures satisfies from start to finish.
    Gary M. KramerCinema76
    Cyrano, My Love, is actually very much like Léo: handsome but dumb. But it uses Edmond's romantic and witty word to appeal to viewers-and it works.
    Richard WhittakerAustin Chronicle
    [Cyrano, My Love] is definitely something to touch the heart.
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Diane CarsonKDHX (St. Louis)
    The other actors, especially Thomas Solivérès as Edmond, Olivier Gourmet as Coquelin, and director Michalik himself as playwright Georges Feydeau, give fine performances, clearly totally committed to the style and approach.
    Sarah BoslaughTheArtsStl
    ... a beautifully produced piece of arthouse cinema...
    Matthew LickonaSan Diego Reader
    For us to care about the froth, we need a proper sense of the churning that creates it.
    Peter SobczynskieFilmCritic.com
    There is some entertainment to be had from Gourmet's cheerfully flamboyant turn as Coquelin, but even with his effort, "Cyrano, My Love" misses the mark by a hell of a lot more than a nose.