Dolittle

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It is not bad, I had a good time when I watched the movie at home. I guess critics are looking for a master piece because of the caliber of the actors. It just a niece family friendly movie.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Entertaining, definitely meant for kids
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The terror is real. So everybody knows the story of the physician who can talk to animals. This is an updated version where the doctor (Robert Downey Jr.) must go on a quest to find an island that may have fruit with healing properties so the Queen of England doesn't die. He is going to need the help of his furry friends and maybe even a couple of humans. Now I had heard horror stories on how bad this was. Even the trailers looked intolerable, which is very telling; they couldn't find two minutes out of ninety (after you subtract the end credits) to make this look appealing, even with an editor cherry-picking. Bad reviews never stopped me before, but I will admit it: the critics were right on the money with this animal catastrophe. Now, this opens with some animation which did give me some hope, as it is executed decently. Of course, that is just the opening two minutes and it is all downhill from there, but I felt like it needed to be said. This movie is just CGI animals and Robert Downey Jr. losing his damn mind for an hour and a half, and that is it. For starters, Downey is sporting this brogue that he drifts in and out of, and while I don't doubt his talents as an actor, I think that he did the bare minimum required to collect a paycheck from this. I don't fault the supporting cast in this, as nobody walks away from this looking good, but I do think Downey has to take the lion's share of the blame, as this project wouldn't exist without him. The animals never win you over in this like they should, and when they should be cute and likable, they just come off as bombastic and annoying. It's a full-length feature of buffoonery and reaction shots, and the writing is weak to the point that you have these animals repeating the same jokes. I guess they were trying to go by the comedy rule of three, but when it was groan-worthy the first time, you shouldn't be going for the trifecta. Dolittle is barely watchable and I would be surprised if anybody but the smallest of small children will like this at all. I'm not going to go into spoilers, because that isn't the blog I run here, but the climax to this is truly awful and it will probably spur an awkward conversation with your kid. I honestly don't have anything nice to say about this movie, and you should probably avoid it unless morbid curiosity about the ending gets the better of you.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The beginning of this movie was so good. However, as it progressed, it just became a very regular story.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    When the Eddie Murphy version is better ... MUCH better . Sorry Robert but this sucked.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    If you ignore the terrible Welsh accent, then I think this is an entertaining movie. My little kids absolutely loved this film... and after all this is who it's pitched at. My son was laughing out loud throughout.
    Running out of movies during quarantine, we took a chance on this movie. 3 adults and 2 kids (14 and 9) all found it very funny and sweetly charming and inspiring. Ignore the reviews and just enjoy this film!
    Not just for kids! Absolutely loved it and laughed out loud.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    I think it was well made and I even think it's better then the other Dolittle movies. It was very heartwarming and from someone who suffers form anxiety I find this movie actually really inspiring to me. I love it.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    I don't understand why the tomatometer is so low! The movie was awesome and I would really recommend it!