Downton Abbey

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Average movie that tries to cram too much into it.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Disappointing. I thought it was rushed and/or just badly edited.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Still a high quality production with excellent actors, directors, costumes, and beautiful settings. The stories left me a bit flat. Much like the latest StarWars, there were many (contrived) story lines, all of which are tie up nicely at the end. The contrivance didn't come from anything "out-of-character" but several scripted responses were pushing the boundaries of something Lady Mary or Carson might say. Within the first 10 minutes of the film I could guess how each issue was going to play out. The comparative weakness may simply be in the times this film depicted (boring) rather than the Edwardian issues so prevalent in the TV series. It's a simple film that is beautiful with characters we all love. Sometimes, that's enough.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It's always a pleasure to come home
    So good! I just want more!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Loved the series but the movie was not as intriguing. But I hope there will be another movie! I hated to see the series end!!!
    Faithful to the original script, funny and enchanting.
    I had read the "official reviews" so I thought it wasn't worth seeing in the big theater, what a mistake! Last time I listen to "official critics" in my lifetime. It was lush and fun, and if they make a sequel, I'm seeing it on the big screen this time for sure!
    I never would thought I would like a story like this, but it is so well done, so good. The movie was very concentrated Downton Abby, and that is just fine with me. I'm not gonna lie I had tears in my eyes at the end parts. Then the theme music at the very end gave me chills. That music, and this story will always take me to a very special place, and that place will will always give those chills. Time to watch the whole series a second time. BRAVO.
    Sometimes they get a series finale right. I suggest getting your silver and crystal out to join along.