Downton Abbey

85% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score85%
  • Downton Abbey distills many of the ingredients that made the show an enduring favorite, welcoming fans back for a fittingly resplendent homecoming.
    Patricia TrebleMaclean's Magazine
    Downton Abbey offers all of the series' visual and narrative treats.
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Martha K. BakerKDHX (St. Louis)
    Downton Abbey, the movie, proves satisfying and enjoyable, especially for Anglophiles upstairs or down.
    Michael WardShould I See It
    ...effectively works through its steps and scenes with extreme precision and familiarity.
    Tony Macklintonymacklin.net
    Downton Abbey is the feel-good movie of the year. That's both its strength and its limitation.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Bob GrimmReno News and Review
    This is just a bunch of highfalutin horse crap!
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Charles SolomonFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    I bow to no one in adoring Maggie Smith, and when she announces something like "I don't argue, I explain," you get this frisson of delight.
    Dan WebsterSpokesman-Review (Washington)
    Yet in his "Downton Abbey" movie, Fellows adds in a few contemporary issues - among them women's rights and the plight of gay men. And though welcome, neither changes the overall template. Which is just what the series fans ordered.
    Korey ColemanDouble Toasted
    It's not a movie for everybody. It's not, and it tells you that. But I found it entertaining, not on a deep level because it is a soap opera, but it's right for the specific group, for the fans.
    Lauren VenezianiWBAL-TV
    Downton Abbey is made for the fans while also delighting audiences with a passionate and rich story.
    Eric D. SniderCrooked Marquee
    It's all fine. It's Downton Abbey.