Drugstore June

Went into the movie opened minded came out closed minded and sad 🐢
    If her stand up comedy makes you laugh, you'll love this one...
    It was awful honestly
    Esther is just amazing. My wife fell in love with her character right away. It's a fun movie that delivers what it promises. Can't recommend it more.
    I wanted to like it because I'm a fan of Bobby and some comedy podcasts. Esther's character was super annoying. Somehow the best actor was Bhad Bhabie. Story was dumb. It wasn't funny, weirdly... and it was trying to be artsy/independent filmy, like Juno quirky with an LA twist or something, but it just felt forced. It rode the line of cringe but not in a funny way.. somehow, it kept me semi entertained by annoying me and with some character performances like her brother and cameos but can't say I'd recommend it.
    Yo, WTF! This film fully consists of comedians who are acting for the first time and C rated trash actors. No lie, I thought I liked multiple comics in this movie, but after how embarassingly noticeably horrific. The worst part is how unfunny and cringe almost all of the comedians were. Awfully ironic that a movie full of stand ups somehow had no laughs... that honestly is wild. Everything is unatural, uncomfortable, unfunny, & unwatcheable. The only thing this trash movie achieved is clearly demonstrating how one dimensional most of these LA comics are & that how podcasts might be ruining comedy. After watching this I start to realize why so many podcasters childhood friends are hosts, I now can tell popular pods are way more due to the connections previously made & the simple fact of putting the money to set one up. Bottom line whatever the reason, it is obvious this movie sucks due to a stupid weak overall plot, corny fake bad writing, & pittiful acting. P.S. Bill Burr doesn't count, he obviously owed someone a favor or just being nice to these younger whack LA comics.
    Wasn't expecting a great movie but it stunk
    Huge fan of a lot of the comedians in this movie but the writing and acting was absolutely TERRIBLE. Esther's acting skills were extremely cringe and it was honestly hard to sit through even though it was only 90 minutes long.
    As a regular watcher of her "trash tuesday podcast" i gave this a watch. I unfortunatly found the acting to be on differant levels like. Some were acting for a hollywood movie, some were for a sit-com and Ester and Bobby did not seem to be acting at all. This made interaction between character feel very unreal. (EG Ester and her mother) I heard the comedic lines and saw the ideas, but it was just not put forward in a way that made me laugh. I wanted to like this but really struggled to keep watching. I blame the director for not seeing how thinks wernt gelling.
    Decent light hearted film - clerks meets daria. Sound concept, well enough delivered, though could have been improved on.