El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

, 91% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • Entertaining if not essential, El Camino adds a satisfying belated coda to the Breaking Bad story -- led by a career-best performance from Aaron Paul.
    Eric DeggansNPR
    For fans of the show who know these characters, that's a welcome conclusion for a story we didn't even know we missed until Vince Gilligan showed it to us.
    Ed PottonTimes (UK)
    El Camino, which Gilligan wrote and directed, is a powerful and unshowy epilogue to an expertly told saga. It's slow, yes, and not overburdened with action, but pace and spills are not what turn Gilligan on.
    Danny LeighFinancial Times
    The tone on the border of deadpan and surreal remains in place, so too the frantic pinball scripting in which everything that can go wrong does, but rarely quite how you imagined.
    Matthew GilbertBoston Globe
    It's good enough to offer two solid hours of pleasure to anyone who loved the mother ship.
    Roxanne SanctoLittle White Lies
    Not necessary but more than welcome.
    Stephen RodrickGlobe and Mail
    Sometimes, the past is the past and it really is dead.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Jason FraleyWTOP (Washington, D.C.)
    A solid if unnecessary epilogue showing fans what happened to Pinkman after we last saw him drive away to freedom after being saved by Walt's blaze of glory.
    Prahlad SrihariFirstpost
    While El Camino doesn't hurt Breaking Bad's legacy, it doesn't enhance it either. It does, however, fulfill its purpose as fan service -- as you get to see some familiar faces, some tense drama and some gorgeous visuals once again.
    Allen AlmacharThe MacGuffin
    I never thought we needed to return to this world or meet up with these characters again, but I'm sure glad that we did.
    Damien StrakerImpulse Gamer
    Rather than offering new insights into Breaking Bad's excellent story, El Camino reinforces the show's best traits and proves to be a necessary epilogue.