El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

91% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score91%
  • Entertaining if not essential, El Camino adds a satisfying belated coda to the Breaking Bad story -- led by a career-best performance from Aaron Paul.
    Luke WhistonTheShiznit.co.uk
    If you enjoyed the original series and respect Gilligan's commitment to giving Jesse a send off, you'll probably get a lot out of this extra two hours of screen time.
    Richard TrenholmCNET
    Suspenseful, funny, emotional and endlessly surprising, El Camino reminds us why we love Breaking Bad.
    Angie HanMashable
    There's nothing about El Camino that is essential; while it won't tarnish your memories of the original series, it won't reframe or enhance them, either. It's a nice ride with some old friends. Sometimes, that's just enough.
    Eric DeggansNPR
    For fans of the show who know these characters, that's a welcome conclusion for a story we didn't even know we missed until Vince Gilligan showed it to us.
    Chris StuckmannChrisStuckmann.com
    It's really well shot, really well acted, and it's constantly engaging.
    Jared MobarakJaredmobarak.com
    It's fun to see these characters again and be back in this world, but "Better Call Saul" does exactly that in a substantive manner. El Camino is saddled with a hollow center.
    Eric EisenbergCinemaBlend
    [T]he movie is a wonderful reunion with the tone and feel of the original series, and with that comes exciting stylistic choices, impressively structured storytelling, and brilliant character work.
    Louisa MooreScreen Zealots
    Except for the enjoyable nostalgia that swells in the form of throwback cameos, Vince Gilligan probably should've left this one alone. This movie may have sounded good in theory, but turns out it's far more story than anybody needed or wanted.
    Emiliano BasileEscribiendoCine
    As in the so-called "best series in history", the engine that puts this story into operation is a script that gives no respite and equips the characters with a humanity as brutal as it is heartbreaking. [Full Review in Spanish]
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Carlos BoyeroEl Pais (Spain)
    You recognize Gilligan's style and obsessions, there are fortunate reappearances like that of the professional Mike, Todd,, but other situations and characters I see and hear with indifference. [Full Review in Spanish]