Fantastic Fungi

100% Fresh Tomatometer Score100%
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Amy NicholsonFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    I don't think I have to tell people what mushrooms can do, but this movie is set out to be a mind-blowing trip about the world of fungi.
    Joe MorgensternWall Street Journal
    Fantastic Fungi is never uninteresting, and often startling in the natural beauty it reveals.
    Robert AbeleLos Angeles Times
    [I]t edges a little too close to being a commercial, but that's a nitpick when the totality of "Fantastic Fungi" is so entertaining, informative and appealingly hopeful about the hard-working cure-all for our ailing world lying beneath our feet.
    Leah PickettChicago Reader
    Chances are you'll never look at a mushroom in the same way again.
    Rex ReedObserver
    Fascinating, informative, educational and totally entertaining.
    Matt FagerholmRogerEbert.com
    One of the year's most mind-blowing, soul-cleansing and yes, immensely entertaining triumphs.
    Jeffrey M. AndersonCommon Sense Media
    One of the most positive and hopeful documentaries in years, this lean, beautiful, entertaining mushroom movie suggests that the answers to many of our problems could grow naturally and abundantly.
    Bilge EbiriSpirituality & Health
    Louie Schwartzberg's documentary is a dreamy, informative, and hopeful dive into the world of mushrooms and fungi
    Jared MobarakJaredmobarak.com
    [The film seeks] to reshape our relationship with mushrooms and our western notion of fearing their power. [Reducing] the stigma surrounding the subject may save your life.
    Josh KupeckiAustin Chronicle
    But visual affectations aside, Fantastic Fungi is an engaging look at the scope of an organism that is so much more than a pizza topping or an ingredient in beef stroganoff.