Fantastic Fungi

100% Fresh Tomatometer Score100%
    Sean P. MeansThe Movie Cricket
    If [fungus] doesn't sound beautiful, you haven't reckoned with the amazing time-lapse photography director Louie Schwartzberg and his team has shot and collected here.
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Amy NicholsonFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    I don't think I have to tell people what mushrooms can do, but this movie is set out to be a mind-blowing trip about the world of fungi.
    Joe MorgensternWall Street Journal
    Fantastic Fungi is never uninteresting, and often startling in the natural beauty it reveals.
    Christopher Llewellyn ReedHammer to Nail
    Magic mushrooms, be my guide.
    Robert AbeleLos Angeles Times
    [I]t edges a little too close to being a commercial, but that's a nitpick when the totality of "Fantastic Fungi" is so entertaining, informative and appealingly hopeful about the hard-working cure-all for our ailing world lying beneath our feet.
    Leah PickettChicago Reader
    Chances are you'll never look at a mushroom in the same way again.
    Edwin ArnaudinAsheville Movies
    The documentary's true stars are the fungi themselves, especially as depicted through Schwartzberg's gorgeous time-lapse photography.
    Pamela PowellReel Honest Reviews
    Using time-lapse macro cinematography, Fantastic Fungi is simply mesmerizing, captivating you, as you find yourself forgetting to breathe.
    Rex ReedObserver
    Fascinating, informative, educational and totally entertaining.
    Matt FagerholmRogerEbert.com
    One of the year's most mind-blowing, soul-cleansing and yes, immensely entertaining triumphs.