Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Generic action flick, but watchable nonetheless. I only watched it because of Jason Statham and The Rock. Otherwise, it's forgettable.​
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I enjoyed the movie and the chemistry between The Rock and Jason Statham. I wish there were more scenes with the mom, played by Helen Mirren. While there are a few scenes that I couldn't really buy as reality, the attempted escape by Statham's character's sister wasn't that believable, because the agent watching her is trained, so that didn't really make much sense, but besides that, it was a good thrill ride.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I didn't expect much of this movie and I'm glad I didn't. Its long with an okay story. The only thing that saved it was the action scenes, the Rock and Statham. Check it out if you liked the trailer.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Fun action movie. Exciting and funny action sequences. Dwayne Johnson is still amazing in all the movies that I watched.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Was originally just going to pass on this altogether seeing as how the previous F&F movies have stunk it up. This was more or less on the same level, minus Vin Diesel and Co. obviously. Action is about the same, ridiculous for the most part and the plot is something straight out of a James Bond movie. What really took me out of it is the appearance of one, Kevin Hart(seriously, is he going to pop up in every Dwayne Johnson movie now??) and two, Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds. Why did they need to do this? As if you need more eye rolling moments in these movies, sigh...
    Pure mind numbing entertainment in the best way possible.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Was alright. Nothing spectacular.
    Freaking love these guys! Love them even more when they are in the same movie! The dynamic between these 2 is perfect! I can't wait to see more 🎉🎉
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Godamn what happened to these movies. Starting with low rent Point Break we're now at a movie that honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this started out as a script for G.I. Joe 3. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just be prepared, it's ridiculous, on par with the level of insanity we see in most superhero movies these days. The problems that arise there is there are some prolonged sequences that are so riddled with CGI is basically watching a cartoon or a video game cutscene. Now, I like cartoons, hell I even like some video game cutscenes, but with those there's a consistency in knowing what you're getting compared to the rest of the product. Here, the movie's really at it's best when the effects stay real and even a little more grounded. They can still be ridiculous over-the-top fun, but once it becomes a cartoon it started to lose me. That being said, the action in this is still a helluva lot of fun, and Idris Elba makes good villain. The final sequence of old tech vs new tech is genuinely great, and unlike anything I've see in one of these Fast movies before. And yeah, the dynamic of Hobbs and Shaw is a lot of fun, playing off the toxic alpha personalities the two of them both possess. It's not the best of the F&F films, but it's a solid entry in ridiculousness.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Fairly disappointed with this, as a huge fan of the Fast & Furious franchise. It all felt a little too forced for my liking, from the action sequences to the comedy. Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham gave strong performances, but the film didn't quite live up to my expectations.