audience Reviews, 55% Audience Score
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsSeems that most people leaving negative reviews here simply didn't like what they were being shown. There is nothing wrong at all with this documentary, it's interested all the way through and shows what can happen if these situations aren't controlled as they should be.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsGladbeck: The Hostage Crisis is an unusual documentary that highest West Germany's infamous hostage crisis. I love the usage of captured 1980s footage, the intense sequences and the score. I also enjoyed how this documentary followed into other films like Amy and Senna due to the usage of old footage. Overall, Gladbeck: The Hostage Crisis is a unique approach to filmmaking.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsgreat movie about extremely sad events. there's no commentary at all, used only raw original footages from german TV.
- Rating: 4 out of 5 starsA pretty good film about a bank robbery-turned-hostage crisis in Germany in the 1980s. At the time, the police were kind of weirdly hands off, allowing journalists to get close enough to interview both the hostage takers and the hostages, which means that the filmmakers are able to put you right in the heart of things all throughout the film.
- Rating: 2 out of 5 starsI can't and will never watch this ever again. It's so heartbreaking and so hard to watch. I would never have continued to watch it because I was uncomfortable and mad. It didn't have to be that way when the police did not let them go during their first 12 hours of hostage in the bank—poor police response. Even the journalists and the media are so annoying during this time. It's shameful.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsI've witnessed these events as a teenager and watched every documentary and screen adaptation about it but this new documentary, most and for all due to its dispension with off-commentary while just relying on the original footage, is outstanding. still unbelievable something like this could happen.
- Rating: 1 out of 5 starsEssentially, a poorly translated video with no comments. Wikipedia had more substance in its 4 minute blurb. Waste of time to watch.
- Rating: 3 out of 5 starsHas to be held up as the worst Police response in living memory. No plan/tactics or immediate strategy. Letting the Press run the show was negligent in the extreme. It was an abandonment of duty on every level. No marksmen present at anytime and no standby ambulances on scene until after the Italian boy was murdered. Inept would be doing the Polizei a favour. I hope people lost their jobs or careers off the back of this ?