Greener Grass

81% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score81%
  • Greener Grass is far from the first comedy to skewer suburbia -- but it might be among the most bizarre and surreally distinctive.
    Matt CipollaThe Spool
    This is some stunningly stilted comedy . . . and while it doesn't come close to warranting its 101-minute runtime, the attention to detail here is too strong to dismiss.
    Jared MobarakJaredmobarak.com
    Happiness is but a trick of evil. We take. We squander. And we forget our pain just long enough to suffer through it all again.
    Aly CavinessMidwest Film Journal
    Jocelyn DeBoer and Dawn Luebbe solidify themselves as reigning queens of satire.
    Markie Robson-ScottThe Arts Desk
    Greener Grass is full of dark, delicious weirdness. Don't look too hard for deeper meaning.
    Carey-Ann PawseyOrca Sound
    Though our world has become a rather strange place it is in no way as bizarro as directors Jocelyn DeBoer and Dawn Luebbe short film Greener Grass.
    Amanda MazzilloFilm Inquiry
    Greener Grass is strange in the best way, and that's just what I look for in a comedy. Jocelyn DeBoer and Dawn Luebbe created a wonderfully surreal comedy that perfectly captures the absurdity of suburbia.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Jaime Fa de LucasCulturamas
    [Greener Grass] might have been funny on paper, but it dosn't work on the screen and even ends up being irritating. [Full review in Spanish]
    Sophie Monks KaufmanLittle White Lies
    A hypnotic watch, yet hard to pin down.
    Alexa DalbyDog and Wolf
    Greener Grass ridicules a very American way of suburban life and social interaction that perhaps doesn't have as much visceral relevance in this country: the idea is stretched thinly, it's a laugh but the fun palls over a feature length film.
    Emma SimmondsThe List
    It might feel a little rough round the edges but, for a first feature, makes for quite the introduction; like the backstabbers in their sights, this pair are clearly ones to watch.