Halloween

This is a film that in terms of paying homage to John Carpenters 1978 halloween, is done incredibly well. It manages to capture that look and movement that made the original film a pioneer in the slasher genre, as well as introducing the in my mind the single greatest horror character to be put to the screen in Michael Meyers. The visual approach in using similar shots and concepts as its predasessor is where this film is at its finest, yet it falls short in the elements that were attempted to be incorporated with questionable plot management and difficult characters to become invested in excluding Michael or Lori. The best thing you can take from this film is the return of the iconic score and the best Meyers portrayal since the halloween 1978, a worthy direct follow up to greatest horror/slasher film to have been made.
    Movie was real good wish I watched it when it first came out :(
    There’s no way Michael should have lived that long. If a logical person was in this movie it would’ve been at most 30 minutes long. Do not waste your hard earned money on this
    I will give praise to this film, it’s not easy to reboot a franchise and this movie takes risks! There are scenes in this movie where the infamous Michael Myers is truly terrifying. The filmmakers don’t hold back and the kills spare not one soul of any kind. I think that’s what I love most, usually horror plays it safe and I felt this Halloween reboot didn’t hold back. It was refreshing and cunning. The characters could have been a bit better but seeing Jaime Lee Curtis back in action made every step of the way much more satisfying.
    Gender roles not only in the original, but in classic horror films as a whole, are masterfully addressed and responded to. Subtle comparisons drawn between Myers and Laurie Strode work with the soundtrack, lighting and cinematography that takes its time and echoes techniques used in the original, to give a sense of the same story, being told through the same lens, yet told in the present, also demonstrating the effect of the past on Laurie's and her family's present, in this fictional world. References to the original do not feel trite or forced, instead these are twisted to suit the new era while subtly reminding you of the atmosphere of, and why you loved, the original.
    This is movie is a disgrace. This makes Rob Zombies Halloween 1 & 2 look better. Halloween 3 Season of the witch looks likes like an Oscar winner by contrast. This film should never have been made.
    Jamie Lee Curtis is by far the best thing in this disappointing sequel/reboot/whatever. Some horrendous miscasting doesn't help but the biggest negatives are the lack of any real scares and the fact that it is pretty slow and rather dull. A shame but H20 packed a lot more punch.
    Halloween was the best sequel to the original. Makers did a better job by making other unnecessary sequels filler. it was a total and utter surprise, this was a quality film, one that felt as if it had a level of respect for its original, it respected its roots. The writing is fantastic, I loved the story which was gripping, and how it played out. The music was absolutely fantastic, I loved it, the best of the original. Actors did their jobs nicely especially Jamie Lee Curtis. Overall, if you are planning to watch whole Halloween franchise (just for fun), then I would ask you to not watch it and just jump to this part after the original.
    terrible not but great Not .one this about like didn't I things some There's