Hillbilly Elegy

I really liked it it ..all about family why are rating so less
    An offensive, melodramatic look into Appalachian culture by people who clearly don’t understand Appalachian culture, and that Middletown Ohio ISN’T in Appalachia
    The most awful shitty movie ever
    Ron Howard nails life in rural Appalachia. I dont see how rotten could score this movie so low. Glenn Close should be nominated for an oscar. Amy Adams continues to amaze me with her range as an actress. It hit home.
    I loved this movie. It shows that people can make choices in their lives for better or for worse. It shows that the chains of abuse can be broken. I would not listen to the critics and see the movie. I cannot believe they gave it such a bad review. I almost didn’t see it because of that. However my daughter who read the book said that we should see it. I am glad I did.
    Great movie! Definitely on the heavy side but actors and casting were excellent!
    Awful! Shallow! Save your money !!!!
    Rating: C+ "In the end, Hillbilly Elegy suffers from its formulaic narrative stuck in a tiresome loop of overdramatic scenes that escalated incomprehensibly way too fast. The predictable melodrama features questionable editing decisions that hurt the film's pacing and overall story consistency, as well as the viewer's emotional bond with the characters. Ron Howard and Vanessa Taylor fail to depict an interesting premise in a distinctly captivating manner, consequently resorting to the award-worthy performances of Amy Adams and Glenn Close to save the whole movie from total disaster. In addition to the outstanding displays from the two actresses, the remarkable performances from the remaining cast elevate the flawed screenplay, ultimately delivering a few scenes worth hanging on to. Technically, impressively accurate make-up (guaranteed awards buzz) and a lovely score deserve a much better film. I still recommend it to everyone who enjoys melodramatic family stories, but don't expect anything remotely special."
    Good and inspiring story. Amy adams and glenn close with amazing performances!
    Narratively this film is a train wreck and would benefit from a linear structure however Glenn Closes's performance is superb.