Honey Boy

Loved it.. moving . Must watch
    Probably the most intense movie I've ever seen. I feel like this story is now seared into my brain but I'm not mad about it. Amazing acting!! And shia labeouf is so brave. It is a sad movie but leaves you feeling hopeful. Love, love, loved!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Hard for a film to more meta. An in depth look at a coming to terms and journey on existentialism.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Depressing watch, won't rewatch, and can't recommend. I don't know who this movie is for: it has to do with mental health, abuse, addiction, and generational cycling, but the settings are weird, it's depressing, and the movie doesn't end. There is a moment when a new act starts, but it just turns off, like it's a documentary! This is literally an anti-thetical of Checkov's Gun: everything that you see starts a story falls apart and has no resolution. My only hope is that this was the true story of some unfortunate man, and getting this made helped.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Above all else, I'm just happy that writing and being involved in this movie was therapeutic for Shia. That in itself is a measure of its success. The fact that this film, and others like it, provide the public the chance to actually understand the underlying causes driving those actions that the media is so quick to pounce on and keen to sensationalise, adds to their value. They also enable empathy to be felt, which Honey Boy profoundly does, making us better human beings as a result.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Not sure what to make of this one. Always tough to separate reality from dramatization.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Extremely well acted and incredibly resonate; Honey Boy shows Shia LaBeouf at his best and most personal. LaBeouf gives us an autobiographical story about a child actor son who has a detached relationship with his father. Honey Boy felt like a genuine glimpse into LaBeouf's life. A great script, solid narrative, and amazing lead performances make Honey Boy one of the better autobiographical films I've seen in quite some time.
    This movie hits home for me. Loved it.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    unique and refreshing dynamic between father and son
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Senza conoscere i retroscena a cui la storia si ispira si perde praticamente tutto il senso del film in generale, dato che risulterebbe un'esperienza piuttosto fiacca e decontestualizzata. Dall'altro canto, è valido e ricco di emozione solamente quando si viene a scoprire il legame affettivo tra lo scrittore del film e i personaggi interpretati. Valido tutto il comparto tecnico e ottima una sceneggiatura sensibile e personale.