Hustlers

Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    For the life of me I can not figure out the appeal of this movie. No likable characters, weak dialog and an uninteresting story. The acting is good but nothing else sets it aside from hundreds of other films like it.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I did enjoy this allegedly reality based movie about a group of New York pole dancers who devise a way of scamming their clients following the financial crash and all the female cast were excellent. There's plenty of sassy dialogue but also a genuine warmth in the relationships between the women until things begin to break down. I was pleasantly surprised by Jennifer Lopez who was very convincing in her role and she really got stuck into her character. I like these kind of movies with a bit of a sleazy underbelly and if I have one criticism it is that I think it could have been darker. Dancing At The Blue Iguana is one of my favourite movies and covers some of the same territory as Hustlers but with a greater edge I feel because of the grittier feel. That being said, Hustlers has a lot to offer and it is good to seem a movie like this with a largely female leading cast.
    gives a view on a highly looked down on job by the current public eye. an incredible feminist thriller about women taking the power!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It's basically a better-written version of the movie Showgirls. The film follows a group of women have to make a living by stripping and ripping off wealthy stockbrokers but as usual with these stories they get in to deep and don't end well. While the story is nothing new what does make up for it are the characters and their day to day troubles and showing us why they do what they feel have to do to support themselves and their loved ones. Some of the dialogue while some people might find a bit a but I think it's a front they put up distracted from their bad situation having to sell their bodies just to get by. The cinematography is great and real and knows how to hold a frame if you know what I mean😉 only commented by the smooth editing. The directing by Lorene Scafaria is great and really knew how to work veteran actress Jennifer Lopez and Julia Stiles and up and comers such as Constance Wu, Lili Reinhart, and Cardi B all do a great job. Overall while a bit cliche in few places it was still a great time to escape to the movies 🎥 and I give it an 8/10 it would have been a 9 if some jackass didn't but his bare feet 🦶 up on the theater's 🎭 chair next to me.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Loved all performances, not only Jennifer Lopez, but Constance Wu, Keke Palmer and Lili Reinhart are fantastic. An entertaining movie I'd recommend to any one!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Pretty good, if a bit of a thin story works by creating sympathetic characters.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    With fantastic performances from Jennifer Lopez and Constance Wu, Hustlers shines an interesting light on a gritty story. While some parts were a bit campy, the film as a whole was well done and didn’t feel like a chore to watch.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Not good by any stretch of the imagination.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I don't understand why people liked this movie. Boring
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Hustlers is highly energetic and well-filmed and engrosses you for the first act. However, the acting behind Jennifer Lopez is inconsistent, and the film divides its acts in two very contrasting tones. The first two acts have a sassy, blissful attitude, while the second takes on a gloomy feel. The abruptness with how the movie flips its mood and pace makes the final act feel disingenuous, despite its intentions. Hustlers is definitely worth a viewing, but it is one of the more polarizing movies in recency.