I Lost My Body

95% Fresh Tomatometer Score95%
    John NugentEmpire Magazine
    If it's slightly hampered by a generic love story and pie-in-the-sky teenage pontificating, I Lost My Body should still rank among the year's most original and peculiar films. Hands down.
    Adrián CarandeCinemanía (Spain)
    [An] impeccable existential jewel. [Full review in Spanish]
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Justin ChangFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    It's a very inventive and clever story, animated in a style that serves the material in a not-groundbreaking but lovely to look at fashion.
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Charles SolomonFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    I'd say that it's a film that I found interesting rather than loved.
    Katherine McLaughlinThe List
    Exquisitely crafted and confronting on multiple levels, I Lost My Body... powerfully laments lost potential and dislocation from the warm hearth of home.
    David EhrlichindieWire
    Anyone who's willing to meet this movie on its own terms and roll with the dream logic it requires will be rewarded with a resonantly cathartic saga.
    Kenneth TuranLos Angeles Times
    As inventive a piece of animation as you're likely to see, the extraordinary "I Lost My Body" is about a hand with a mind of its own, and if that sounds a little crazy, this dark, strange and altogether wonderful feature will make you believe.
    Brian TallericoRogerEbert.com
    A visually sumptuous slice of macabre storytelling that works best when it uses its director's magical sense of composition and less when it feels weighed down by narrative.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Teo BugbeeNew York Times
    The movie abounds with imagination, but is unfortunately too unnerving - even nauseating - to enjoy.
    Mike D'AngeloAV Club
    Had Clapin and Laurant succeeded in fusing those two wildly disparate storylines... I Lost My Body might have been more than a mildly intriguing, visually dynamic curiosity.