I Still Believe

48% Rotten Tomatometer Score48%
  • I Still Believe's palpable good intentions are offset by its predictable handling of a fact-based story that ends up preaching to the choir.
    Richard RoeperChicago Sun-Times
    KJ Apa and Britt Robertson make a sparkling couple in the faith-based, real-life love story.
    Adam GrahamDetroit News
    "I Still Believe" wants us to believe in the power of love and other cosmic forces. But it requires a big leap of faith from viewers to fill in the blanks.
    Mark JenkinsWashington Post
    A sort of "Me, God and the Dying Girl," the movie is well-made (if slow) and features an attractive cast and a lot of amiable (if bland) religious pop-rock.
    Barry HertzGlobe and Mail
    Close your eyes and pray, and it'll soon be over.
    Carlos AguilarTheWrap
    The Erwin brothers are simply better filmmakers who package the same tropes in more polished vessels that mostly resemble mainstream offerings.
    Kimber MyersLos Angeles Times
    Those looking for inspiration will find it without looking too hard, but those who don't attend church regularly will be as bored as they would be by a sermon.
    Craig D. LindseySalt Lake City Weekly
    [Directors Andrew and Jon Erwin have crafted] a story that'll hopefully bring in church-goers and people just looking for an effective, romantic tear-jerker.
    Pete HammondDeadline Hollywood Daily
    Certainly I Still Believe doesn't rewrite any of the rules of this genre, but it does ask the right questions of faith in light of unimaginable tragedy without trying to sugarcoat them.
    Mark JacksonEpoch Times
    Go to any museum. All the early stuff-it's all gods and saints. Art is meant to uplift. Faith-based films, albeit heavy-handedly, attempt to heal. So why trash them? They always have their hearts in the right place.
    Clement Tyler ObroptaFilm Inquiry
    I Still Believe, isn't even well-made propaganda, unlikely to win any converts or even inspire filmgoers to either visit the website or buy the album plugged at the end.