Jay and Silent Bob Reboot

Bit underwhelming, not as funny as the first one :(
    Some good fan service to Smith’s wacky weedy world of characters but it doesn’t take itself too seriously and a lot of unfunny moments make it forgettable.
    A film for Kevin Smith fans in the truest sense, this is not just a Jay and Silent Bob film, this is an everything Kevin Smith film referencing his whole View Askewniverse with epilogues to past films, along with nods to his podcasts, his other shows like Comic Book Men, his tenure on the CW, hell even his own personal life and turn to veganism. The film should practically come with a Kevin Smith guidebook. If you have been following Smith's career and do listen to his podcasts and watch his other works, you'll get the jokes and love the nods. I do, and I loved it. But I very much acknowledge it is a film for the fans to a fault. But Smith has been open about this, he made this for his fans, and no one else. This isn't for Smith newcomers, and honestly I can't fault him for that. And honestly…I really liked this movie! It's one of Smith's best. Self-indulgent to the extreme, it's also strangely heartwarming and touching at times with Smith reflecting on his time as a filmmaker and parent through his characters. He even takes time to correct the mistakes of his past. As much as I love them, some of his past works are a little problematic in today's climate. I'm not out their shouting "cancel!", but it does make watching them now awkward. Even Smith is aware of this, having his problematic characters like Jay be forced to deal with their behavior in a modern climate. It's a unique almost meta way to address the faults of your past as an artist, and it actually really works. But is the movie funny? In my opinion, yes, it's one of Smith's funniest. I'm saying that as a Smith fan who got a lot of the jokes, but I had a ton of fun with it. It's the reboot I didn't know I needed.
    You gotta be kidding me? The amount of people who gave this 4 stars blows my mind. This fuckin movie is a goddamn cringe fest! And I'm no hater. I was a huge Kevin Smith fan when I was younger. But this movie fucking sucks…
    I guess being Kevin Smith is a good life. You keep throwing crap up against the wall and something is bound to stick eventually. I don't think I've seen a good Smith movie since Red State. Keep trying little buddy. It's bound to happen again for you one day.
    I like all the references but I started losing interest once the kids joined the squad
    It was an amazing movie for all View Askew fans. Quite touching and emotional. It was a movie full of fanservice in the best possible way. So if you are a fan of the old movies, you'll just love this one.
    What in the actual hell. This sequel sucks balls because Kevin Smith actually sicks balls now. Remember when he could make a good movie. But this I s what happens when Jason Mews is actually really behind the cam. This not just a sequel its all his movies smashed into each other. What a sell out it's a good thing he didnt release this movie in a traditional sense cuz it would have tanked super bad. I used to like Kevin Smith. But fuck him fuck him up his stupid ass
    Long time Kevin Smith fan and fan of the Jay and silent bob movies. This one did nothing for me. I laughed maybe once. Felt bored the whole time. Talked to my friend who is a Kevin Smith super super fan, he said he also thought it was bad and did not laugh. I Watched Clerks 2 after to see if it was just one of those days when nothing is funny and no, laughed at clerks but nothing for this movie. Pro's: All the people from past movies and many lines for fans Con's: All the lines for fans are a drop out from the movie woodenly repeat a fanservice line then go back. The timing seemed off so no laughs. Seems like most fans liked it maybe it's cause I got to old for this, but I laughed at clerks so probably not
    I don't even care about the storyline at this point. Nostalgia is so on point!