Jay and Silent Bob Reboot

Its not easy to talk about what I loved about this film without ruining the actual things that made me smile, but lets just say if you love the films of Kevin Smith and the world he has shown us in a whole host of films, then Jay and Silent Bob Reboot will make you grin from ear to ear with its nods, throwbacks, pot shots and more, and whilst some say the humour might be juvenile,whilst that may be true in some cases, there is also a lot of intelligent humour in the film and from the moment the film started, to the emotional end credits, the film entertained, amused and kept my attention 100%. Will this be the last time we see the characters? I hope not, but all good things must come to an end, i just hope that this wonderfully good thing doesnt come to end. Thank you to everyone who lives in the View Askewuniverse for giving me so much entertainment over the years. Its a blast!= and with Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, Kevin Smith and Co have successfully delivered a ton of entertainment, with a ton of heart, all delivered in a hypothetical gold plated limo! Snooch to the Nooch!
    A sequel which history has proven had every chance to be terrible (Dumb and Dumber too, Zoolander 2 to name a few), Jay and Silent Bob the Reboot shows that the two Jersey stoners still got the charisma to carry a film. With Kevin Smith showing love not just to one of his classics but pretty much all of them, if you’re not too picky you’ll have a great time revisiting Moobys, The Quick Stop and everything in between.
    I love anything that Kevin Smith does to be honest. This was a great movie. Really enjoyed!!
    This was just sad in all the wrong ways for all the wrong reasons. Now this makes me think... were movies like Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and Death to Smoochy much better? This is, however, a good view at what society and pop culture are like today compared to twenty years ago in case someone didn't already know. Also, the long lost daughter dynamic was already done in Dumb & Dumber To. 2 of 5
    It’s basically one big in-joke for fans of the previous Jay & Silent Bob movies. It’s dumb, but it’s also very self-aware of it. There’s a lot of jokes that break the 4th wall. If you liked all the previous movies, you’ll probably find this one watchable at the very least.
    I'll watch anything Kevin James does. Snoogans!
    I found this movie genuinely painful to watch. I mean, I had to watch it in 20 minute sections, and take regular breaks, because it's that hard to watch. And I've been watching and enjoying Kevin Smith movies since the mid-1990s. I just can't find anything redeemable. It's a very hard film to even sit through. Jay has developed an old-man voice, and sounds about 65 years old. The plot is ridiculous and boring. They've made it completely PG-13 so there is barely even any swearing. The humour is a constant stream of lame dad-jokes. And Kevin Smith can't resist nepotism - so the star of the film is his underwhelming, not very funny, daughter. And the worst bit by far is that Kevin Smith has obviously decided that he is now "the star", because the Silent Bob character has become this Pee Wee Herman/Charlie Chaplin, slapstick character, who is endlessly trying to grab the attention, on screen. The genius of Jay and Silent Bob was the contrast between a quiet, thoughtful wallflower who blended into the background, and a loudmouth vulgar idiot, who could never shut up. But now Kevin Smith has obviously decided that he deserves equal billing to Jason Mewes, so now we have two clowns constantly fighting for your attention. It's genuinely tiring to watch. Let's get one thing straight - Kevin Smith has never been a good comedy actor. He's not a funny man. But he found a niche, standing silently next to a very funny human being (Jason Mewes). And when the movies were about Jay, and Jason Mewes was speaking 99% of the dialogue, they were funny movies. But when you change the balance, and give Kevin Smith 60% of the jokes, it all becomes really terrible, very quickly. This could have actually been a decent movie, if you removed lots of Kevin Smith's screen time, and replaced his daughter with a proper leading lady, but we all know Kevin is incapable of doing either of these things. He sits in his house all day, reading sycophantic replies from his fans on Instagram - and that's all he ultimately cares about
    What a piece of crap
    Really fun watch, will definitely rewatch it, but I can't recommend unless you're already a Kevin Smith fan and we're going to watch it anyways. It's great to see how many of Kevin's friends show up when they think he's going to die, but there is a lot of garbage in this one. It's great to see them having fun, but it would be nice to get a good movie at the same time. A lot of the humor and references are forced and really take the audience out of the story, when it should compliment it instead. Surprisingly, the 4th wall breaks are actually nice example of how some of the other jokes should have gone. The biggest things I missed were Jay being able to grow as a character, even a little, alongside Silent Bob, the seizing of their names didn't mean anything, and there was no addressing or acknowledgment of Jay and Silent Bob as continued right holders from the last movie going forward nor any revelation of Chronic gender swapping, but maybe that was the joke. The point is if your going to question the movie like I just did, then you're not going to have the best time with it you could.
    Watching the slow and steady descent of Kevin Smith's directorial abilities is both wonderful and depressing. Watching this absolute disaster at least tells us he can't get much worse.