Joker

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Great acting and movie. I did not expect this from a superhero movie.
    Performance of a lifetime for Joaquin Phoenix! Excellent movie!!
    I thought this was an extremely well-written and provocative film, which turns the typical arch villain into a human with a compelling and understandable back story. As I said to my partner upon leaving, it shows how mental illness is marginalized, with poorly-funded assistance, and how one small event can snowball to catastrophic consequences. I almost feel like this could not have anything to do with the Batman franchise and that the connections to Batman were incidental, which makes it that much more watchable. This could be any man (or any woman), who cannot catch a break, and facing a dispassionate and unempathetic society, feels like he has nothing left to lose. I loved Frances Conroys performance as the invalid mom who herself faces mental issues but Joaquin Phoenix was luminous. The range of emotion even in quiet moments were even more compelling.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    We are all Arthur Fleck, but nobody else is Joaquin Phoenix.
    Amazing movie and a must-watch. Joker is an amazing movie despite the less than stellar reviews the critics have given it. I personally think that Joker is one of the best comic book based movie - if not movie in general in a very long time (except maybe Spider-Verse). Joker is probably one of my all-time favourite films, despite it not being a 'fun' movie to watch, it is more a character study type film.
    Absolutely incredible.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Didn't expect it to see such sadness. Joaquin Phoenix is weirdly good.
    Why do people do bad things? But in a non-preachy way.
    One of the best films I have ever seen. I’m not an “artsy” or “dramatic” person. But I truly felt like I was watching a masterpiece.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I expected it to be darker n to hv some more action. I still think Heath Ledger is the best joker to date. No disrespect to Jack Nicholson. N others.