Judy

Well, it got me crying at the very end. It left me wanting more. Props to Renee Zellweger for taking on such an icon.
    Zellweger gives the performance of an already glittering career. Her acting is only surpassed by her amazing ability to sing in a totally different style. She captures Judy's true essence of giving and receiving love. A very special gift from this actress and from the lady who made it all possible. The incredible Ms Judy Garland. 🌈🌈🌈
    The single reason for seeing this overlong and indulgent biopic is the extraordinary central performance by Renee Zellweger. She makes the rather pedestrian script zing and adds layers of fragility and sadness while also singing her heart out. She may not sound much like Garland, but - against all odds - she really does look uncannily like her, and it's not her fault that Rupert Goold surrounds her with so many Brits trying unsuccessfully to be American. The exceptions are Andy Nyman and Adrian Lukis, both very good in tiny supporting roles. There's also a toe-curling finale which almost destroys the movie and should have been cut.
    While Renee Zellweger's performance is good, I felt a lot the subject's life story was missing.
    Renée Zellweger realizar una interpretación magistral de Judy Garland, esta película es conmovedora de principio a fin.
    A disjointed collection of the lowest points in Judy's life. The film may impress from an acting standpoint but there isn't one scene I found to be uplifting in any way. The cast was letdown by the melodramatic script.
    Zellweger fills the screen in a movie which, of course, suffers of the decadeting effect of having a decadenting character going down along the story. The actress gets that we love the real person even more than before. For the end, just prepare the handckechiefs.
    Judy stars a returning Renée Zellweger and it's about the life of golden age icon Judy Garland. The movie is really well shot and acted but I have a very big problem with it. The movie uses flashbacks to make us feel for the main character more, but they're not used enough I feel like, because I can't help but not feel for her when she's all grown up. Maybe that's just me but that ruins the experience for the most part. Don't get me wrong, Renée's performance is really good but I just don't feel it for this character.
    Maybe too far from me, I am not familiar with Judy's life.
    Deserved Oscar. I watched al the nominations. Renee did an excellent job