Just Mercy

A must watch for all looking to educate themselves on racism.
    Just Mercy is a MUST watch. It is the story of how the Equal Justice Initiative was started. It literally grips you from start to finish. It is the perfect movie to watch right now with everything going on in the world, completely relevant and it addresses the social injustice minorities face in a unfair justice system. Just Mercy is the most powerful and invigorating movie I have seen in a long time. It is so sad and unbelievable that humans can be treated so poorly in the Deep South with the legal system. Michael B. Jordan and JamIe Fox both do an incredible performance in this movie. Jamie Foxx truly captures the pain of those affected by a corrupt legal system. I love Brie Larson's role and she serves as an example of how we should stand united and see racism as "our problem" as a society. This is definitely a tearjerker that is incredible and one of those movies that will leave a mark on you forever, in the best way possible. Highly recommend this incredible movie and families should watch with their children, if they are at least 10 years old in my opinion.
    An instrucional movie carried by the outstanding performance by young Michael B Jordan and Oscar winner Foxx. Cinema has as its sole purpose not only to be beautiful, but also to speak truth and reality: in this case we have both.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    I love true stories. I love court room/legal dramas. It's just really good.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I saw a trailer for this and was more than impressed to see Michael B. Jordan starring in something other than the Creed movies and happy that he would be sharing the spotlight with Oscar-winner Jamie Foxx. Oscar-winner Brie Larson also co-stars in a true story about a man wrongly convicted and sentenced to death. On the surface, it would appear that this movie is about racism with the Southern setting and all but after a while, this was more about a judicial system's incompetence. A white person was killed, and fingers pointed to an innocent black man and all evidence seemed to set him up because of his skin color. A north-eastern lawyer and his partner set out to free him, but the system is eager to resist not so much out of racism but out of desperation to stick to the story that they made. In many ways, it is like the Clint Eastwood movie Changeling. The justice system is trained with the authority and the best technology and techniques at their disposal and despite the saying that there is no perfect crime, sadly, most criminals just get lucky. Somebody got lucky here and the police were desperate to solve the case, motivated by politics and fear they manipulated the case to find and convict an innocent man to make their jobs easier. It made me plenty upset, and I was cheering for the protagonists. This movie was released around the end of the year, guaranteed Oscar bait. While this story was good, I can see why it did not impress the Academy. They wanted a straightforward racist justice system, and that is not what this film was. Jordan and Foxx were decent in their roles but not as great as the other performers that year. Brie Larson was too bland in her role as well. All things considered, it was still a good movie and I liked it.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    I really enjoyed this movie. It makes me angry that this stuff still goes on.
    This is a powerful, emotional movie. It's very well done. Jamie Foxx is outstanding as usual as is Michael B. Jordan. If you liked A Time To Kill, Ghosts of Mississippi, Harriet or any other movie that shows insane injustice - this will be enjoyable to you. It's serious, a true story and a little over 2 hours - settle in and get ready to be angry with hope.
    Excellent movie. Very well done and timely.
    Powerful indeed! Based on a true story so this is a must watch.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    In the great tradition of profound legal dramas meaning more than their dramatized events, this takes a solid look at a serious subject, smooths it out with steady direction, and makes its case with grace.