Knives Out

Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Political dribble pathetically disguised as a murder mystery. If only those with an agenda would stay pure to the art-form that is film and check their ax grinding at the door... it's wishful thinking that writers, producers, and directors create and unbiased neutral , entertaining fun and creative movies that don't through salt on the wound that is politics. I am 99 percent certain that audiences don't go to the movies to hear not so subtle acrimonious jabs at those with differing political views. Worst, issues are conflated which obfuscate sincere positions on hot top discussions simply to associate some with extremist views. Knives out ultimately serves a cheap political purpose. The agenda takes away from the movie and taints it with pettiness.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Good suspense, unexpected twist at the end
    Legitimately just a great movie. Star studded cast of amazing performances of people playing against type and really stretching what I thought they were capable of. Daniel Craig giving an amazingly hilarious performance, Chris Evans playing to opposite of Captain America and every other actor stretching how much they can be slimy and disgusting while still being so goddamn fascinating to watch! The direction from Ryan "ruin star wars" Johnson was genuinely phenomenal. There was nothing flashy, but the capture of faces is something that really stood out in this movie. When the detectives lean in, they get to close to the lens it feels so tense and that they are looking into your soul. Dramatic, I know, but this movie is dramatic! The movie knows what's great about it: the cast, the writing and the mystery and they do everything in order to frame that in the most interesting light possible. Just wanna say, I called who did it from the beginning. I left the theater smiling from ear to ear and it was just such a fun time. HIGHLY recommend.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Excellent movie and great cast
    Loved it!! All the characters were very entertaining, love the mystery in who did it
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Exceptional whodunit.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Loved this movie! Great cast & really fun who did it.
    Great plot acting and fun!
    Everything. I liked everything.
    We loved it. thought it was a great detective movie and kept you interested the entire length of the movie.