Knives Out

97% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score97%
  • Knives Out sharpens old murder-mystery tropes with a keenly assembled suspense outing that makes brilliant use of writer-director Rian Johnson's stellar ensemble.
    Matt CipollaThe Spool
    ... Johnson's writing can go from air-tight to crowded in how many figure eights it pulls like clockwork, sure, but it skips across its pond of suspects with grace.
    Mina TaklaAwardsWatch
    By not taking itself too seriously and focusing on the fun and intrigue, it is both delightful and smart.
    Alan FrenchWe Bought a Blog
    Featuring fascinating energy and political commentary laced throughout, Johnson proves he has plenty to say as a filmmaker and writer.
    Vincent SchillingIndian Country Today
    I LOVED it. An amazing cast of characters led flawlessly by Daniel Craig, Chris Evans and Ana de Armas. The moment I thought I knew what was happening, a twist threw me. One of my year's favorite films.
    Roe McDermottHot Press
    The wickedly talented ensemble cast are clearly having an absolute blast - and you will too.
    Damian LevyJamaica Gleaner
    It takes a look at people, how they see themselves, and how they see the people they think they know. It makes it clear, there's more to the story than we think.
    Pete Vonder HaarHouston Press
    Rian Johnson's last movie was something called The Last Jedi, a trifle of a film which made little impact at the box office and generated no online reaction whatsoever.
    Kiko MartinezSan Antonio Current
    The classic whodunit mystery is reinvigorated in extraordinary style in writer-director Rian Johnson's Knives Out. It's the best film of its kind since 2001's Gosford Park.
    Filipe FreitasAlways Good Movies
    Everything is familiar yet everything is amusing in Rian Johnson's composed puzzle.
    Federico FurzanCinelipsis
    A great genre film that shows the importance of fine writing in today's era. [Full review in Spanish].