Like a Boss

Al final es un simple pasatiempo, una trama bastante tonta, pero los chistes funcionan, las actuaciones son aceptables y es entretenida.
    Girlfriends in business. So this is about a pair of best friends (Tiffany Haddish, Rose Byrne). They own a makeup store, but money is a problem. They get approached by an industry hotshot (Salma Hayek) who offers to fix all that, but she has motivations of her own, and before they know it, she is trying to drive a wedge between them that will force them apart. Even before I started this up, I felt like I had seen this before. It just has that familiar feel about it, and with a title this generic, I had to double-check to make sure I didn't have a mailer resent to me. This isn't awful, but I won't go so far as to say that it's for me. Look, I am fully aware that I am not apart of the adult female demographic that this is intended for. This movie was made for women who want to let their hair down and have a fun, raunchy time with their friends. I'm all for that from a feminist perspective, but at the same time, if it were guys telling these jokes of this nature, I wouldn't think that they were that funny either. By this point, you already are well aware of what you're going to get from Tiffany Haddish, and she does exactly that here; I'm not even really critiquing that as a positive or a negative, I'm just saying she is playing herself. Rose Byrne is more or less playing the same character she played in Neighbors, so there is nothing new there, either. You won't find anybody doing anything new in this movie, and I would even go so far to say that this movie had the unfortunate luck of having a trailer that gives away almost all of the big jokes that could have made this worthwhile. Comedy relies on the element of surprise, so since you already know that a creepy baby cake is coming, it takes the teeth out of the shock when you get to it in the movie. If you are a girl and you get something out of this, then I am not going to try and take anything away from you. For me, I only got occasional chuckles from the shenanigans of these ladies as well as a fair share of groans. To give credit where credit is due, I did get one big laugh out of Billy Porter (even though he is also just playing himself), so at the very least there is that. I do have to dock points for ending everything in a completely unearned karaoke dance number, so this is what it is.
    It's ok. Not awful and certainly not worth a 21% from the tommie mob. Go in expecting an ok and you'll probably enjoy
    It has some funny moments but it was so predictable and the acting was so bad. Surprised such a great cast could not do a better. The story and plot are pretty bad and not interesting.
    Muy buenos actores pero le falto algo ala trama desaprovecharon a los actores
    Like A Boss Review: 0/10 Pros: The movie is barely 80min long so the pain of watching it passes quickly Cons: The movie isn't funny It's incredibly hard to watch and awkward The villains are cartoons The movie is physically exhausting to watch
    Tiffany Haddish is always a win in a comedy movie!
    Like a Boss is a fun movie even though not much happens during the run time. The cast chemistry between Tiffany Haddish and Rose Byrne saves this movie from the slow pacing. Some of the jokes made me laugh out loud but sadly most of them fall flat. There is a very nice message about friendship and a great villain played by Salma Hayek. If your looking for a fun movie with some laughs and a good message, I hope this review helped you Makeup your mind about watching Like a Boss.
    This movie is just bad in every possible way. The humor is forced, the script is embarrassingly unfunny and the acting is cringy. All actors did a terrible job including Hayek who was the worst of all. I couldn't even finish it.
    This film was absolutely appalling.. absolutely nothing redeemed it. It cost me 3.49 on prime video - it was the biggest waste of 3.49 ever. Script terrible, music terrible, acting terrible, zero chemistry between characters - absolutely embarrassing waste of time.