Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

The sequel to „Maleficent", Disney's interesting revision of "Sleeping Beauty", is... well, actually, it is a Disney sequel, with everything that entails. That is to say: 1) it is completely unnecessary, given the closed character of its predecessor; 2) it relies too heavily on revealing elements from the past of main characters; 3) it has to start from "and they lived happily ever after", and thus feels unauthentic and invents a threat that comes from absolutely nowhere; 5) introduces too many new characters and becomes hard to follow (at least with any interest) because of that, and, finally: 4) it prolongs a certain marriage too much for its own good. But this sequel at least have Angelina Jolie in a delightfully intimidating role and a beautiful, mesmerizing castle that you cannot help but pay attention to. If only the villainess ended more gruesomely...
    An OK movie. Not that good or bad but still have lots of great visual effects and still fun to watch
    No era necesario hacer una segunda parte
    Definitely a must see sequel to the original!
    Directed by Joachim Ronning, starring Angelina Jolie & Elle Fanning. The sequel that no one asked for, but at least it brought new without damaging the source material. The sequel to Maleficent (2014) once again stars Angelina Jolie in the title role. This plot follows the events of Princess Aurora getting married and how Maleficent is not involved with the making of the new kingdom. This film creates an unnecessary new story to add to Maleficent’s time line but ends with a great feud between Maleficent and Michelle Pfeiffers Queen. The battle at the end of the film is the highlight and the only good thing this movie generates. It gives another good performance from Jolie as the evil fairy. This time around we get a lot more conflict and drama. It feels like a soap opera with cgi battles between two power house actresses. This is an upgrade from the first film, but again was this film necessary to be made in the first place?
    The movie started off with great visual effects. We get introduced to the characters and its fun (initially). While Aurora and Phillip like each other and plan to get married, it becomes clear that Phillip's mother is the evil one. Aurora and Maleficent are invited to a dinner with the in-laws, but it quickly turns bad with Maleficent being charged with the king's murder (why didn't she speak up and say firmly that she didn't do it?). Then the story becomes predictable with the evil humans fight the good fae creatures. It seems the fairies are too trusting and almost useless (just happily walk into the church and can't seem to do anything to escape. You could just smash the windows you know). It ends with Maleficent finally showing her powers (but she still lets the evil queen escape?). One of the main fairies die and it doesn't see a big deal. Many people and Fae die but we're supposed to forget all that and instead quickly we're going to have a wedding? Wow! It became almost painful at the end.
    How in the flip is the people score so high for this movie. Did kids review this movie? My god this movie is boring and I thought I was going to fall asleep but I tried not to. This movie sucks and I'm sorry Disney but stop making live action garbage. The reboot live action is for money like aladdin or lion king but this is something new. So stop making it. It's garbage and nobody in their right mind asked for it.
    Is very deceptive for children. Good and evil will never mix.
    nice fairy-tale, fun to watch
    Story is weird but still acceptable, visual affect is pretty good actually and the extension of the background is a good tempt, I wouldn't mind there'll be another sequel but wouldn't mind it ends now either.