audience Reviews27% Audience Score27%
- 2.5 of 5 starsMary is a decent supernatural horror that should please genre fans willing to overlook its sloppy jump scares and weak storytelling.
- 2 of 5 starsMoral of the story: always talk to your significant other before buying an old boat. Cause this one was super haunted.
- 2 of 5 starsGary Oldman and Emily Mortimer are top notch actors, but I wish I could say the same thing about this tepid script. The film is a slow burn supernatural tale, involving an evil entity seeking revenge aboard ships, dating back to the days of the Puritans. There are some frights but they're too few and far between to make this an effectively scary horror movie.
- 3.5 of 5 starsnot a work of art, but we liked it, the plot isnt all that deep or even original but the background and overall feel of the movie makes up for it.
- 1 of 5 starsHoly Cow......what terrifically perfect piece of Sh*t! Anyone brave enough to sit through this disaster should at least receive a (now defunct) 'Nobel Piece Prize', just for the effort alone. (Did Gary Oldman have some unpaid Gambling Debts to tidy up.....how'd he get roped into this conflagration ?) One day I think this will be shown at Film schools as an example of less than prodigiously creative Film-making. [F]