Motherless Brooklyn

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Hard to follow at some points. But dome great acting. Enjoyed
    Good movie with a good plot but it was somewhat slow and long.
    WE really enjoyed this movie. Great cast. All the characters were well played. The sets were fantastic.. A good mystery, held our interest throughout.
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The only thing holding this movie up is the performances with the shocking worst being Norton with him slipping in and out of his unneeded tick. The story is a mess with characters randomly being dropped or not even being needed in the story as well as plotlines going nowhere. All of this leaves one to believe the subject matter was at this time just above Norton's talents.
    Loved it. Definitely see in theater
    This was a wonderful adaptation of the book. Changing the time period to the ‘50s was brilliant. Edward Norton deserves an Oscar for his performance.
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Needs editing down as too much filler. Some characters not well established. The 1950's aspect came across a little hokey.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Loved this movie!! Edward Norton was and is a fantastic actor!!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    While this dip into the hardboiled detective genre from Edward Norton wasn't a total win, I actually found this story interesting enough and reminded me I still need to read The Power Broker one of these days. For a 140min plus film I found the pacing just fine, although I will admit I am glad I saw this in a theater as I am not sure it would have held my attention in the same way with all the distractions sometimes found at home. This one landed on the border of the 3*/3.5* for me in the end. *2019 Theater #47 *AMC A-List #74
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Atmosphere and acting were great. Great cast.