My Zoe

, 67% Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • Storytelling isn't My Zoe's strength, but the depth of feeling that writer-director-star Julie Delpy brings to her characters helps offset this drama's flaws.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Jake WilsonThe Age (Australia)
    There are horror films and then there are films that dramatise fears too close to home. Julie Delpy's My Zoe falls into the second category.
    Richard RoeperChicago Sun-Times
    The talented Julie Delpy misfires as director and star of a clumsy combo of domestic tragedy and sci-fi that comes to a maddening conclusion.
    Nick AllenRogerEbert.com
    My Zoe dares to lead with its feelings, and that fearlessness provides a striking spectacle itself.
    Glenn KennyNew York Times
    Delpy writes these characters with such depth, and stages their interactions with such sensitivity, that you understand them without necessarily approving of them.
    Michael O'SullivanWashington Post
    "My Zoe" is well acted and well filmed, yes, but the storytelling, in which Delpy stitches together mismatched parts like a Dr. Frankenstein, is its weak suit.
    Peter BradshawGuardian
    Delpy sells it hard with her performance but the supporting cast are unconvincing, and the whole thing is a waste of everyone's time.
    CJ JohnsonFilm Mafia
    This deeply sad film really got its claws into me. Delpy's monastic constraint renders the sensational subject matter devoid of sensationalism; everything is austere, calm, precise ... I was entranced by the film's somber mood and its audacious honesty.
    John SerbaDecider
    Undercooked despite its bevy of interesting ideas.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Dan BuffaKSDK News (St. Louis)
    Due to Delpy's sincerity behind the camera and the keen ability to write with the future already in hand, you feel everything the characters do, as if you are living in their shoes.
    Jordan RuimyWorld of Reel
    Bold, intriguing but not entirely successful