Needle in a Timestack

I absolutely loved this movie! It puts you in the mindset of The Notebook but with a futuristic feel. It has a little bit of everything for everyone. It's a love story, a drama, science fiction, and a touch of humor. This movie is a great way to start the holiday season or any season of love no matter the time of year! The only reason I didn't give this one 5 stars is because I wanted the ending to tell me a little about the future for the main characters. Otherwise this movie gets an A from me!
    I absolutely loved this movie. I thought the use of sci-fi was a really nice touch and I loved the questions this movie was asking. Leslie Odom Jr.'s performance was amazing and it deserves so much praise. Orlando Bloom coming in and delivering a solid performance just adds even more. Freida Pinto, to me, helped anchor this movie from an emotional level. So many people could understand where she was coming from and her emotional state.
    Very little science fiction but i did appreciate the actors doing the work. If you enjoy human connection and relationships this is a great gem. Especaially in a sea of silly and just awful gilms. I had my reservations going in but i liked to be suprised like this. Would watch again and its a great date movie.
    It sounded interesting at least some, but all of it falls way short of being entertaining.
    The concept of the movie is quite interesting and the short add generated a lot of interest. The movie thought is in the form of Drama. It turns out to be very slow and so one loses interest.
    The film introduces some really great and novel time travel concepts (from the mind of Sci-Fi writer Robert Silverberg) - which makes it worth checking (out on a plane - or at least skimming), but ironically takes way too long telling its drawn out story about star-crossed lovers that we're supposed to care about — but don't. Why not? Because this film makes the mistake of telling rather than showing us all about the great loves supposedly gained and lost in this film. Thus all the romance feels shallow, put on and even adolescent at times. As if glossy cinematography with one character staring at another and talking about love — equals love.. The lead character (played convincingly by Leslie Odom Jr.) feels broodingly self-absorbed, and the same can be said for the filmmaker, who in making a film that is (sort of) about time crimes, has committed the worst time crime of all — making an over-long movie that tells you what you're supposed to be- but are not actually- feeling. And so you cone out feeling as empty and tired as an unskilled time traveler. Note to all screenwriters and filmmakers out there - making a film slow-paced and long, without developing characters or relationships, does not give it necessary weight or credibilty. It's just long.
    This movie featured a wonderful message of love and touched on themes of unconditional friendship, and near-future science fiction.
    All in all, this is a pretty good film, but only if you are expecting a soft character plot going in. If you are hoping for a repeat of the kind of power shown in "Twelve Years A Slave," or "Three Kings," you'll be disappointed. But if you're expecting a mild drama to begin with, you'll be able to relax and enjoy.
    It tries something new with the time traveling romance stories, but Needle in a Timestack is quite the mess to follow and fully understand its confusing premise of losing, gaining and removing your love from everything. A fascinating failure !