News of the World

Great story, took my granddaughter to help show where we were and where we are now as a people, not what is being portrayed in the news these days. Very human story of love, loss, racism, and those who fought it. Gave her a greater appreciation for living in the 21st century.
    not worth the money to see even if its free
    Tom Hanks is an excellent actor so I thought this would be a good movie. Hanks is as good as expected, but the movie is slow and boring and left me wishing I had my two hours back.
    A beautiful traditional Western featuring two virtuoso actors, one of whom happens to be a 12-year-old German kid. It may be a bit slow-moving for some tastes, but I found the story and the chemistry between Tom and Helena absolutely captivating. Something wonderful managed to make it out of 2020. Collapse
    Another winner by Tom Hanks. Solid storytelling
    Good acting. Great cinematography. Predictable story line using old western themes. So eh......
    Different from Paul Greengrass, as in surprisingly quiet, mellow and down to earth, but still exciting, and also evidence that the western genre is far from dead. Tom Hanks does a type of role that suits him best, as an uncomplicated however deep and emotional character. His counterpart, the brilliant Helena Zengel is a perfect cast.
    Watchable but screenplay is lacking.
    Fresh kind of western that hits on areas normally not touched on in the genre. But Hank's care and love for the girl only goes so deep -- the trek across old school texas giving some bite, but not enough to make this movie memorable.
    Boring. Slow. Predictable