Night Shift

Hurts my heart to rate something Lamorne Morris is in so low!
    Loved the whole vibe of this film. Creepy from the get go. Never knew where it was going. Excellent scares and great performances. Lamorne was hilarious. That ending! Seriously well done.
    Creepy and well made!
    Excellent! So well made.
    The motel is outdated, the Psycho–level taxidermy decor needs to go, there are rats running amuck, and there's a sinkhole in the pool that sucked out all the water. If they take the time to show you something like a sinkhole, you know it's going to come into play later. First of all, A+ for vibes. Excellent use of a one location setting, and the score, the writing, and mood are playful and mischievous. The cast is small and superb. Teddy (Lamorne Morris) is charismatic and welcoming. He has hopes to modernize the motel and he's quick to assuage Gwen's (Phoebe Tonkin's) fears and questions about safety. Alice (Madison Hu) is darling and Gwen quickly bonds with her after the discovery that they are both running from something. However, I can't help but feel selfish for wanting more from both Teddy and Alice. They are both incredible actors and their characters are extremely likable. From the moment the motel is left in her charge, it is apparent that Gwen is running from something and is extremely paranoid. She has a mysterious background and has been in town for only a day. She reveals that she feels someone is following her and there is a strange car lurking nearby. There are interesting clues all around and Alice has stories of the motel's haunted past. Ultimately, it is up to us to decide if these things are a figment of her imagination. I can see the frustration some might have with the storyline. Some tropes might be overdone but the plot felt fresh with small injections of more exciting reveals. The conclusion is almost predictable but it's definitely more entertaining than I had expected. The film blends the paranormal with the psychological and it works well as a slasher/thriller. The epilogue was playful and it has a sweet runtime of only 82 minutes. Who could ask for more?
    I rented expecting to think it would be an ok movie but was completely blown away. What the filmmakers achieved on very little was impressive. I was on the edge of my seat from the beginning and never knew where it was going. Equally fun and scary. The cast were brilliant. Loved it!
    It's a tiny movie, and not perfect, but it's well-made. Entertained me from beginning to end.
    Cabin 13 ghost scare terrified the hell out of me! Such a creepy movie. Really loved it
    Phoebe is the new scream queen! She's amazing!
    Loved it! Wish Lamorne was in it more, he was so damn hilarious!