Notturno

, 83% Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Robert Daniels812filmreviews
    In Rosi's pursuit to win hearts and eyes, with Notturno, the heart beats inauthentically.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Robbie CollinDaily Telegraph (UK)
    Rosi's film shows us a land and a people caught in a state of permanent sunset.
    Kathleen SachsChicago Reader
    The cinematography is sublime, but the beautiful imagery doesn't mask the terror of Rosi's subject matter.
    Alissa WilkinsonVox
    It's a sweeping work of care and one that is often piercing in its painful beauty.
    Barry HertzGlobe and Mail
    Rosi's genuine desire to understand the psychological reality of the region is not only morally admirable, it is artistically astonishing.
    Steve PondTheWrap
    We don't necessarily know what's going on in every scene; sometimes we figure it out, sometimes we don't. But we feel it, and we hear what the movie says, wordlessly, with each new composition: This is the world we've created.
    Laura CliffordReeling Reviews
    "Notturno" is a series of vignettes, some more engaging than others, some featuring stories Rosi returns to, others not... his imagery here often starkly powerful or lyrically beautiful.
    Carlos LosillaCaimán Cuadernos de Cine
    It's in those moments of modesty that Notturno lives up to its title: a collection of images about uprooting. [Full review in Spanish]
    Doug JamiesonThe Jam Report
    A staggering insight into the casualties of war and the people who live with these tragedies on a daily basis.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Mariona BorrullEl antepenúltimo mohicano
    Awell-oiled exploitation of the pain of others within the logic of European colonialism. [Full review in Spanish]