Nowhere Special

Sobering, poignant love story about a dying blue-collar dad and his young son as he searches for the "right" adoption option for when he passes. Great chemistry in this movie ... apparently based on a true story.
    Beautifully nuanced. An intelligent movie for those of us who don't want to see comic book characters, car chases or bombs exploding. Outstanding.
    Beautifully restrained, beautifully acted, but there was absolutely nothing in the movie that surprised me. The main character's choice at the end was so obvious and predictable to anyone who has ever watched a movie, that when that ending did indeed did arrive, I felt disappointed.
    This is a great little film. Both heart wrenching and touching story of the love between father and son. Its a tear jerker for sure. I loved this movie - perhaps a bit too quiet for some, I found it near perfect.
    I went with two friends. The three of us thought the acting was suburb ... exceptional. James and Daniel could not have done better. They were father and son living the best way they could. If you miss this movie, you will be the worst for it. Very impactful for so many families. what would you do ... what could you do ... this may help you with decisions you must make. All aspects of this film is exceptional.
    Outstanding acting. Not an action flic, but an excellent character study and a superb cast.
    Beautiful movie. Heartbreaking and hopeful at the same time
    Beautifully handled situation. The only reservation I had is that the father John's situation is unusual: (1) He knows he's dying (movie doesn't name disease ), but is well enough to continue working and to be with son Michael for quite a while. (2) The local town's social workers give him the option of choosing which of the available sets of parents will get to adopt. (I saw the open-caption version, but had no trouble understanding the Northern Ireland English.)
    It was OK. I think the actor that played the dad looked a little too healthy to be on the verge of dying. Otherwise the acting was good.
    A most moving movie. This film has a subtlety that allows the story to really get under your skin. James Norton provides a stellar role. Cinematography that's conveying the grander message even to a layman. It's moving, believable, endearing and provokes the thought of being a parent, a child, and human.