Parasite

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    everthing was so in place. the setting/story was just a side note. everything inside the setting was completely aligned.
    We'll never know who the good ones were...
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I’m fine with the subtitles, I have no problems with the movie, but for best picture, this doesn’t come close to some of the other options this year. Maybe my expectations were too high. The ratings this movie has received from critics and audience makes me think it’s more about the time it was released instead of the actual content of this movie. Cinematography is superb, I will admit.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    An engrossing movie from start to finish. I especially liked the first half, as the poor family slowly becomes part of the rich family's life. How they pulled that off was very impressive. Then the movie takes a turn, and has scenes that are quite thrilling. It does get a bit violent at the end. This is the kind of movie that will stick with you and have you asking questions afterward. It's a great one to see then talk about with friends.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Boong Joon Ho directs this Oscar winning movie about the disreputable behaviour of a Korean family who infiltrate the home and lives of a wealthy couple by gradually taking over the roles of domestic helpers. It has some funny moments like many of his films but it turns very dark and menacing. Though I really did enjoy the film, I personally, didn't think this deserved the Oscar win for best movie as although a strong and powerful tale, for me, there were better films in the preceding year. I also do not think this is the best of Boong Joon Ho's movies. However, the fact that it did win is to be applauded as a massive step forward in the recognition that there are movies made outside Hollywood.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I feel like it delivered in the acting, but the story didn't entice me or give me any positive emotions.
    One of the best thrillers ever made
    Parasite was such an incredible movie. It’s one of the best movies of 2019 I’ve seen since “Joker” and “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”. Parasite is a must see movie that you don’t want to miss out on.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The ending was very bleak, along with the rest of the film.
    It's good. ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎