Parasite

99% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score99%
  • An urgent, brilliantly layered look at timely social themes, Parasite finds writer-director Bong Joon Ho in near-total command of his craft.
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Christy LemireFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    This is the best movie of the year... A tonal marvel.
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Wade MajorFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    An absolutely extraordinary achievement on every conceivable level, even though I think it's a bit of a cheat.
    Stephen SilverBroad Street Review
    It's an ingenious satire of class that goes to some shockingly dark places. But it's also so, SO funny, finding humor in all sorts of places that the movies rarely do
    Moira MacDonaldSeattle Times
    You'll watch knowing you're in the hands of a master filmmaker...
    Clint WorthingtonThe Spool
    It's pure-strain Bong all the way through, surprising and unsubtle in all his appealing glory.
    Chris FeilFilmmixtape
    Surprising in its observations and developments, the film is has all the makings of one destined for rewatch and deeper examination in perpetuity - a film with the power to continue to reveal things about how we interact and how we survive.
    Michael PhillipsChicago Tribune
    "Parasite" expresses consequential ideas that matter to the filmmaker about the way we live today, and the prejudice and malice we create for ourselves and others.
    Marianna NealImpression Blend
    Let's just get this out of the way: Parasite is the best film of 2019.
    Ben SachsChicago Reader
    Throughout, the director's camerawork and mise en scene are impressively subtle, carefully parsing out information about characters and setting to force viewers to stay alert to the tiniest details.
    Richard RoeperChicago Sun-Times
    One of the best movies of 2019, Bong Joon Ho's latest is a film of dramatic power, innovative comedy, romantic poetry and melancholy beauty.