Playmobil: The Movie

I'm not familiar with Playmobil toys, but I thought the movie was really fun to watch. A simple plot with many colorful characters in the film with different personalities, this gives a sense of complexity in the movie, but easy to understand and watch.
    It starts out a little hokey but it makes up for it as the story goes on. The movie is geared towards kids so while us adults side eyed my 3 yr old loved it and eventually we loved it once the story started to develop. There fun characters like Del the food truck guy and Rex Dasher and Emperor Maximus, and all in all of you or your kid like Playmobile they will enjoy this film.
    I'm surprised by the negative reaction to the Playmobile film from the critics. I watched this with two children (under the age five) and they loved it... and so did I. It's fun and bright with lots of locations and songs that don't feel like the familiar Disney tropes. The kids said it was "super awesome and so much fun". We definitely will be watching this again. Four burrito holding claw hands out of five.
    Love the toys, Hate the movie.
    Until I saw the poster, I had no idea that there was even a Playmobil movie. And I immediately thought "WTF?" because let's face it, the only time where a movie based off of Playmobil would've stood a chance would be a time before The Lego Movie. This came out 5 years after that film and a couple of months after the direct sequel to the 2014 animated classic. Even earlier depending on where you live. While The Lego Movie faced ridicule for being a glorified commercial prior to coming out, it ultimately won people over because it did show the limitless potential of Legos that was also a celebration of creativity. It's a well-researched "glorified commercial" at that making sure that, barring character designs, every single Lego brick that's rendered exists in real life with even the serial numbers or whatever you call them are accurate. Setting aside the fact that Playmobil is often looked down upon as second-rate Lego, this movie barely even works as a commercial. Sure, there are Playmobil sets in this movie that exist in real life but this movie doesn't offer much of a reason as to why I should buy for myself or my children Playmobil figures and sets. Being a really bad movie in its own right does it no favours AT ALL! Sure, give the writers credit for trying to tell an original story than just making it another "Chosen One" deconstruction, the voice actors do give the characters a lot more identity and personality than the script allows and the animation is undeservedly good despite the art style not even being Playmobil-style (I can't imagine why). But, even if judged as a stand-alone film than as a promotional tool for German toys, it still sucks big time. From superfluous live-action opening and ending that are just obvious plot devices with flat direction and a rushed feel because the kids want to get what really matters: animation; a cliche storm of a story, world-building inconsistencies and generic songs (they're forgettable, have a cliched vibe and even some of the more fun ones don't give you much of a reason to listen to them again since unlike Lego Movie 2, they don't even have any flashy visuals to keep your attention), it does remind one of just HOW bad The Lego Movie could've been. Ah well, guess we're stuck with this movie as an unceremonious end to toy-based features until Universal manages to save the Lego Cinematic Universe from its comatose state following the underwhelming grosses of Second Part.
    That movie is making me sick. It is a rip-off of "The Lego Movie". Unlike "The Wizard of Oz" and "Alice in Wonderland".
    this movie is awesome because i like the playmobil toys
    In addition to looking like a cheap copy of The Lego Movie, Playmobil: The Movie doesn't have a fixed plot and also always deviates from what it tries
    Buena animacion pero malos chistes malas canciones y mala pelicula
    While the secret of the Lego movie is to integrate things which had not sense to make the whole to acquire one, this movie maintains pieces separated and the global sense, away from the weak initial point, does not look an aim.